azzurro's 1960ish FIAT 1100T

tortron

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers bowl,

I guess a few hours here and there adds up - i dont watch a lot of TV, instead go and poke away at greasy rusty shit in the shed, so i suppose I dont really consider it hard work either :)

This one is particularly satisfying because its looks so irredeemably fucked, but under the bad paint and layers of greasy dirt its actually pretty good.

Kinda like carving, the finished work was always in there, just need to get the crust off the outside to reveal it.

• Like 6

• 3 months later...
On 22/03/2022 at 21:54, kws said:

Man that sounds great. Love that strip speedo too, was kinda hoping it was a tacho when i first saw it move :grin:

That would be cool!

Kinda is working as a tacho at the mo with the gbox free-wheeling. 

41 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

Sweet. So cool. Stoked for you. The engine sounds great! 

So what's up with the starter? Is it an old inertia type rather than pre-engaged. 

Pretty happy with how the engine sounds/runs for sure.

I suspect the carb may be a bit dicky under load tho. Well see.

Starter, not sure about type, but its not working so good. The 'solenoid' has a lever in it (electro magnet?) that pushes the teeth on the starter motor shaft forward onto the flywheel. That part also has a clutch/ratchet in it. Im wondering if the magnet is weak, poor electricalconnection internally making the magnet weak, or maybe some mechanical issue (or a little bit of all three) is stopping it engaging reliably. 

Im gonna push on with other stuff for now (my brake stuff arrived!) as it works well enough for the odd motivational crank up. I have a lead on a spare engine that will hopefully include a starter too so ill swap it out then.

Still waiting for a ladapower order which has the special driveshaft bolts in it which is on its way but delayed for obvious reasons :(

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i was pretty worried it was going to be terminal, but glad to figure out it was just an assembly error.

I managed to convince my chief pedal pumper that i didnt make the van squirt brake fluid on her on purpose and definitely, under no circumstances, never ever, will that happen again*.

*on porpoise 

So yeah, shes a goodun XOXO 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tbh, It wasnt discussed, but as the ends will need to be more or less hand made, im assuming not cheap, but probably still a bargain!

I think if the ends were 'standard' off the shelf items it would be much cheaper. They have a bit of a catalogue of ends on their site.

Ill let you know tho.