azzurro's 1960ish FIAT 1100T

tortron

Thanks all,

this one might actually be one of the easiest, as despite the looks its actually got pretty good bones and is a 1950's simple design that almost all components are designed to be serviceable.

Scraping off the years of benign neglect, mouse shit and poor paint job is pretty satisfying.

The paperwork side is the new part for me and more worrying than the actual recommissioning!

• Like 3

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/04/2021 at 22:34, tortron said:

Genuinely from that first picture i assumed the van was in eastern Europe somewhere

Milton is not far off really, copious amounts of drink driving and non seatbelt wearers :grin:

Good score on the van!!!

On 12/04/2021 at 22:34, tortron said:

Genuinely from that first picture i assumed the van was in eastern Europe somewhere

Milton is not far off really, copious amounts of drink driving and non seatbelt wearers :grin:

Good score on the van!!!

• Like 1

Cool. Yep me too looking forward to following your next journey! 

So is this a similar base to the multipla? I wish I could have saved this multipla that was parked at my old work place but the owner is a bit of a hoarder... 

FB_IMG_1619986808794.jpg

• Like 5

Great to see another crappy old van getting an overdue birthday. I remember whacking a bid on that a long time ago on TM but was never that serious about it. 

My best advice for COV ownership is to invest in a really good set of noise cancelling headphones! 

As for getting it back on the road, I'd make an appointment to go see the person at VTNZ and ask their advice. Will likely involve getting a receipt and a stat dec from the plod that it isn't listed as stolen. 

• Like 2

@yoeddynz no, its a lot bigger than that!

Its based off the Fiat 1100 sedan, but was a contemporary to the 600 Multipla, so shares a few bits from the broader Fiat parts bin as well as having a similar design language i guess, putting aside the out-thereness of the multipla

@dmulally cheers, lots of Sound deadening might help too. There is none apart from the engine cover.

I want to get it back on the original plates and thats a bit more involved paperwork wise than rereg on new plates as i need to prove the plate and vehicle relationship.

When I looked into a car that was of the system i was 'advised, nudge nudge wink wink' by a fella at vtnz to 'find' some old photos of the vehicle wearing the plates ie make some up and create a bit of history. That's all they want really. 

Apparently 

6 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

When I looked into a car that was of the system i was 'advised, nudge nudge wink wink' by a fella at vtnz to 'find' some old photos of the vehicle wearing the plates ie make some up and create a bit of history. That's all they want really. 

Apparently 

Lol, just print the photos in the first post of the build thread off on an inkjet printer low on ink. Would look legit as.

• Like 2

The process allows the provision of 'alternative documentation' beyond any primary documentation (like rego papers and wof sheets), allows them to consider repair receipts, insurance documents old stickers and period and current photos to support the statutory declaration. Its a pathway i would prefer to not abuse as its pretty nice that it exists.

Oh, and here is me totally ripped on a sweet beach with a smoking hot babe who is totally also my girlfriend

nintchdbpict000366187336.jpg.b863c5ce1232ad9df51a44b391e1d28d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

sweet project vehicle.

would look sweet with some low and some form of hand painted company signwriting of its era.

also the lady at nzta who deals with the black plate stuff might be able to dig up some info on the van too 

otherwise fill out a ownership form. there is a specific one for deregistered cars and get a jp to sign it. and maybe get the all clear from police that there is no interest in it   

• Like 2

• 1 month later...