azzurro's 1960ish FIAT 1100T

tortron

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you finally got it! It's been a long time coming since it first showed itself. 

RE: information, I found that when I was reserving my black plates for the Prince Skyline that they had all the information available there that matched the original owners papers but until that point that they confirmed the plate nonsense they had previously said they didn't have any information. 

Government agencies, I guess? 

I dare say that they do still have something, mine was A reg and went dead in the 80s and they still had it. 

• Like 3

Yeah, i was thinking first step will be to get the black plates approved for reuse - hopefully that process might throw up some old paperwork.

My understanding is that if its not in carjam then it probably wasn't registered in 1986 or perhaps fell off between then and 1995/6 when the whole rego system went into LANDATA, so my only hope really is flushing out some paper records that are still in some dusty store somewhere - just need to luck into that one person who can think outside of the computer box (so rolling into VINZ or whatever is proably a bust to start with), and i hear the plates lady is pretty good with that

Just looking forward to getting hold of it and starting to pick away at it and make brumbrum noises tbh, it was cheap enough that it will be a fun toy either way

• Like 1

Yeah, mine doesn't come on carjam either.  I did however have a stack of paperwork including the post shop form that showed it was registered but they bumble fucked it after that and canceled it and despite many arguments by the owner back in the day they wouldn't reinstate it so it just got parked up and has been ever since. Hah. 

13 minutes ago, nzstato said:

Carjam only shows 1x other 1100 for '61 and nothing else for 60-64 (unless they screwed up the model).

Be an interesting story how it ever came into the country....

probably comes up under fiat 'van' or LLOO, the data entry is pretty garbage

• Like 1

Mate, what a score !

I love quirky looking old vans.

I must have been about 5 years old when I started becoming "van aware". I can still remember the first van that made an impression on me. It was an old late 50s early 60s DKW van sporting pretty much the same patina as your new van is.

All the best with this project. I can't wait to see your updates.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kiwi808 said:

Oh man, this is so rad. Are you going to make it into a camper surf mobile?

I have a chat to dad about getting paperwork sorted. He manages to get all his old bikes back in the system, so there is hope.

Cheers bro, not sure on the final plan yet, but whatever happens a camp and a surf is on the list. 

Love to know any hints your old man has.