Fuel tank cleaning/restoring recommendations Christchurch

4dori

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/04/2021 at 11:05, Benno said:

I've got mine getting dipped, cleaned and lined at Hornby Radiator shop at the moment. Should get it back next week, will report how it went when I get it back.

Got it back yet? Tempted to get mine done, but wondering what it cost / timeframe?

1 hour ago, Bling said:

Got it back yet? Tempted to get mine done, but wondering what it cost / timeframe?

Haven't got it back yet, the liner didn't stick. They reckoned there was an old liner in there, which wasn't obvious and wasn't removed by the acid. I said I wasn't in a massive rush to get it back, so they've still got it to sort it out. Not sure what their solution is going to be next.

Got it back, pretty happy with it. Needed quite a bit more work than a quick dip and liner, but he only charged me $400 for the lot.

He ended up having to cut open the tank, sand blast it and weld back up. He also fixed some dents and re-welded a baffle while he was at it. Would trade again.

• Like 5

Yeah got mine back from them today, dropped it off Friday, it stewed over the long weekend with the cleaner. Only had the rust zapped as money running low lol. Came up good though, just need to clear the pipes and give it a lick of paint. Replacing the hoses with Continental stuff from Blackwoods. That's a good price for all that work! Saw it on the bench while I was having a yarn.

• Like 3