Jayz other 68 HB project...

jayz383

A few years ago I had the chance to own 1 of my dream cars. A big block chevy powered HB viva I saw as a young fulla.

It was called River Rat.

I brought the car sight unseen after it had been in a crash at Masterton Motorplex. I put a lot of time and effort into the rebuild but sadly had to sell it for personal reasons before I could finish it. Since then I have searched high and low to find another body that I could cut up to build another that I could call my own. I didnt want to cut up a good 1 as have had a bit of shit over the years for cutting up cars... Then while down at Horopito I spied a body that would become my new car. It was to be crushed but I saw potential in it. I have been collecting parts for the build for about 3 years and have now got the car home and have all ready made a start on it. I"ll make sure to put all pics and info as to my journey to get this car back on the road and fully street legal.  

• Like 7

I know it doesnt look like much but as l say, l didnt want to cut up a good body. Only really needed the shell. I went down to Horopito about a year ago and installed a spare front end l had lying around so it was movable. The car was then moved by the fence of the first paddock across the road. At the time l was limited on space at home so it was to be about a year before l could go down and pick it up. In the mean time l just collected parts when ever and where ever l could. I love my Vivas and Toranas. Over the years l probably owned around 20? 

20210329_124747.jpg

• Like 6