Hemi's 2002 FC Hino

Hemi

Hi all , thought id make a thread for this as it will be a sort of project. 
So background story, THis was the truck I drove around when doing field service in Brisbane. pretty much from goldcoast to sunshine coast. it was a great truck , non turbs so will go forever. 
Anyhow I jumped on a plane to get Bess the C10 sorted. 
Caught up with my old boss and saw it parked up , so later in the day i messaged himand we ended up talking about the possiblility of purchasing the truck and body. 
Came to an agreement and I would head down to have a sticky beak .
So I did and shook hands on the spot. 
Then he mentioned he couldnt be buggered taking the equipment out of the back . so he threw out a figure and did a walk round etc. 
Went back to the hotel and did some calcs. and rang him back saying yep pending roadworthy.
so that ramped up quick. 
Put through the funds and they cleared today. 
So I now own this vehicle. 
its getting driven back to WA
Ive have lost count of the pieces of paper for permits etc. 

Anyhow pics. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, chasinthemirage said:

Ideal, worked in parts at a Hino dealership for a few years, don't really remember doing much for the J07C motors apart from filters and gaskets. I'm pleased its not N04C powered haha

Oh that would be gross. way under powered. 
Actually thought it was the j05 to starrt with, which is another really good motor. 
like you say. filters and gaskets. they just keep going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, chasinthemirage said:

Ideal, worked in parts at a Hino dealership for a few years, don't really remember doing much for the J07C motors apart from filters and gaskets. I'm pleased its not N04C powered haha

On that note. 
Vgt turbos, the breathers. the vgt controllers.
dunno what else. its been avery long time 

• 2 weeks later...

So there were heaps of ants in the cab when I got it, bombed it but they buggers kept coming back and was getting nowhere. 

Realized there must have been a super nest somewhere when I parked up in port Douglas and there was white sands in the cab next day.

So decided to get some bait.

Holy shit.

I emptied a while syringe out around the truck and it was all gone in a couple hours.

So I'm going to buy another 3 and just keep putting it out.

2021-04-06_07-27-12

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So put a cheapo battery revitliser on the Aux batteries over the course of last swing off and they now take charge and are sitting at a happy 12.4 volts, stoked. so have bought a dumb linear charger just to pump them up good. 
then most of the light in the rear started working! yay. so last night i replaced the broken shitty ones and re-attached some otheres to the roof . 
so much better , need some more in certain areas like above the roll cab top for working surfaced etc, but pretty impressed, also going to get rid of the spotlight style ones in the front body and  mybe mount them to be used as exterior facing lights.
the spottie in the rear section of the body still isnt working either , so need to look into that too 
also forgot to turn them off so they were still going at 11pm when i wombled outside so batts must be ok

pic on dusk.

PXL_20210610_095840990

• Like 9