Best turbo manifold gasket setup?

ThePog

Yo. I noticed when starting up my new diesel pump install that the exhaust manifold was leaking a bit. I had noticed i was losing turbo pressure a bit, but when I was investigating other things I took the manifold off and it was clearly blowing through in multiple places. I just bolted it on with standard multi layer steel gaskets and clearly this isnt good enough.

What do you bitches think I should do to solve this? extra poo? perforated sandwich type gaskets? weld?

9 minutes ago, kpr said:

Stock MLS gaskets will be best option. Just need to make sure manifold is flat

Yea I checked that, there is a low point. The manifold is still the mill scale on that face too which wont help.. I'll get it machined.

I have a brand new mitsi one in a bag, which you can have so long as you replace it. But yeah these normally last pretty well in a standard application even with a good dose of boost / heat behind them. 

https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-catalogs/epc/mitsubishi-japan/lancer/CN9A/sngf/intake-exhaust/turbocharger-supercharger/22499

Did I maybe send you a used gasket with the other turbo bits...

35 minutes ago, mjrstar said:

I have a brand new mitsi one in a bag, which you can have so long as you replace it. But yeah these normally last pretty well in a standard application even with a good dose of boost / heat behind them. 

https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-catalogs/epc/mitsubishi-japan/lancer/CN9A/sngf/intake-exhaust/turbocharger-supercharger/22499

Did I maybe send you a used gasket with the other turbo bits...

Cheers, that one seems fine, its the gaskets to the head...