Jesse's winning liteace discussion

ThePog

FYI there are such things as engine mounts with offset bolts that would make your current setup bolt in. 

when we put the sr20det in dads s11, we had i think 35mm difference between mount and crossmember, had a google and came up with a volvo mount that had the same offset and everything bolted in sweet with off the shelf parts. 

• Like 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/07/2021 at 08:46, BlownCorona said:

FYI there are such things as engine mounts with offset bolts that would make your current setup bolt in. 

when we put the sr20det in dads s11, we had i think 35mm difference between mount and crossmember, had a google and came up with a volvo mount that had the same offset and everything bolted in sweet with off the shelf parts. 

Found these vovlo kelpro ones listed on their catalog with a price of $172.99 each via supercheapScreenshot_20210717-123151_Chrome.thumb.jpg.afdcefd5cbd793fae9bf15a8d5978546.jpg

It looks like they are too thick for my application and probably more cost effective to just make more engine mounts to utilize a normal rubber 

• Like 1

Scumbag / pro tip.

You can mig steel to cast iron.

I'd be tempted to cut that manifold above the boss for the heat shield and weld on my own flange then connect to my existing exhaust.

It's a low tech solution but it would get you on the road.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2021 at 07:49, dspec_tt131 said:

Found these vovlo kelpro ones listed on their catalog with a price of $172.99 each via supercheapScreenshot_20210717-123151_Chrome.thumb.jpg.afdcefd5cbd793fae9bf15a8d5978546.jpg

It looks like they are too thick for my application and probably more cost effective to just make more engine mounts to utilize a normal rubber 

those are probably what we got, except we ordered from rock auto and they cost about $30

edit - they were volvo 240

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The fuel pump bypass check valve is probably to allow you to use the electric pump in conjunction with a mechanical pump on the engine (usual USA V8 style)

I run mine without that, just a filter directly before the pump. I took off the mechanical pump.

P1090125.JPG

Oh lordy those wheels look amazing!!

Such a cool project dude.

Also don't give Robbie credit for those centre caps. He is just the man lucky enough for me to lend them to him. :lol:

I didn't realise you were getting the replacement caps CNC machined and thought you were getting them 3d printed.

Please let me know costs involved to make 5 of them and I will pay you 1/5th for my single one, otherwise the cost of borrowing one to reverse engineer is far too high.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Brock-Lee said:

Oh lordy those wheels look amazing!!

Such a cool project dude.

Also don't give Robbie credit for those centre caps. He is just the man lucky enough for me to lend them to him. :lol:

I didn't realise you were getting the replacement caps CNC machined and thought you were getting them 3d printed.

Please let me know costs involved to make 5 of them and I will pay you 1/5th for my single one, otherwise the cost of borrowing one to reverse engineer is far too high.

I'm happy to wear the costs as I would have had to buy another whole wheel with centrecap from YAJ to get one to copy so it's a small price to pay. 3d printing was twice the price of cnc machining believe it or not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snoozin said:

Damn I'm all full of regrets for selling my BR-X now. Tasty as.

Thanks for that btw. :king:

1 minute ago, dspec_tt131 said:

I'm happy to wear the costs as I would have had to buy another whole wheel with centrecap from YAJ to get one to copy so it's a small price to pay. 3d printing was twice the price of cnc machining believe it or not. 

Also naaaah, I will just find your house and throw a random amount of cash at you if you don't let me help out. It shouldn't cost you anything to borrow a cap that was sitting in a shed not being used.

Wild that 3d printing was so spendy! The teaser shot Robbo sent me the other day of caps looks so gosh darn cool.

Will the slider door clear those rears?

• 2 weeks later...