kws

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

This is the seal for the opening rear quarterlight windows. It's basically an oval tube with a piece on the bottom that goes onto the window frame. Measurements are with an old imperial feeler gauge ruler.

I suspect that, since the hinge blocks are identical to ADO16 ones, the seal might share the same profile.

20231029_131516.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

The driver's side wiper lifts at about 100kmh. Not ideal. The UK solution was to reverse the wipe pattern. It must have been a reasonably common problem in the 70s and 80s, as there were a variety of clip-on aerodynamic aids available. I fitted a pair to mine - they helped but didn't cure it completely. 

images.jpeg-5.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, locost_bryan said:

The driver's side wiper lifts at about 100kmh. Not ideal. The UK solution was to reverse the wipe pattern. It must have been a reasonably common problem in the 70s and 80s, as there were a variety of clip-on aerodynamic aids available. I fitted a pair to mine - they helped but didn't cure it completely. 

It's such a classic bodge though, lets give the drivers side the massive wiper curve so they can't see where they're going. My first Marina had that pattern.

I think I'll be doing well under 100kph if it starts to rain, just so I don't die.... the wipers lifting off will be the last of my worries :lol:

P1020255.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shrike said:

No option to fit a longer more modern Wiper blade setup on the drivers side?

Not really needed, with the correct spindle the driver's side goes hard for what it is. Not that I intend to drive it in the rain much anyway

• Like 2