KwS Marina Coupe

kws

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

I bet even a 4cyl marina could shit one.....

not sure about the 4cyl cars,(if there's space in the bell housing) But My Dad fitted a BW51 from EFI falcon XF to a leyland P76 V8 but never ended up using it, blew up several BW35s, and then adapted a C4 to the BW bell housing (he was a fitter and turner) that was behind it for years in a Mk1 Transit (broke the flex plate twice after though, but this wasn't that uncommon anyway.)

1 hour ago, deankdx said:

not sure about the 4cyl cars,(if there's space in the bell housing) But My Dad fitted a BW51 from EFI falcon XF to a leyland P76 V8 but never ended up using it, blew up several BW35s, and then adapted a C4 to the BW bell housing (he was a fitter and turner) that was behind it for years in a Mk1 Transit (broke the flex plate twice after though, but this wasn't that uncommon anyway.)

Rover went to the GM180 for the SD1 V8, and then to the ZF 4HP22 in the V8 RRs.  Either of those should make an easy swap for a broken BW35 behind a Rover or Leyland V8. ;-)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunbeam said:

I didn’t realise these things still ran such a primitive front suspension setup

It's not that primitive tbh. Lots of newer cars used torsion bar suspension for years, and things like the mgb used lever arm shocks too. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Grumpy said:

Cool car, great to see there is still love for the marinas. You wouldn't be interested in a marina 262 6 cylinder conversion would you? I have everything from radiator to driveshaft. Borg Warner 3 speed includded. 

Thanks, there are a few of us dedicated owners that love the cars. It seems like a few more people are starting to recognise they arent as shite as the naysayers say, especially now that all the cheap ones are gone from years of hate and neglect.

I'd love a 262 conversion, but being an early car I dont believe it will fit in my shell as I dont have the raised trans tunnel or extended front valance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corbie said:

Found a NOS waterpump for the E-series in a box of junk downstairs if you are interested? I should have a sort through and see if there is any other junk quality parts I can offer you.

Absolutely,keen on any e series bits 

10 hours ago, kws said:

Thanks, there are a few of us dedicated owners that love the cars. It seems like a few more people are starting to recognise they arent as shite as the naysayers say, especially now that all the cheap ones are gone from years of hate and neglect.

I'd love a 262 conversion, but being an early car I dont believe it will fit in my shell as I dont have the raised trans tunnel or extended front valance. 

Interesting. I will have to look at both my 1750 and 2.6 to compare trans tunnels. I just assumed they were the same.

27 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Interesting. I will have to look at both my 1750 and 2.6 to compare trans tunnels. I just assumed they were the same.

Depends on the build/model of 1750. The later 74 onwards ones were an 025 chassis and they benefit from the same upgrades that the 262 had in terms of space. The early 024 ones like mine are the same shell as the Uk cars more or less.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cletus said:

My curiosity was activated at the talk of the marina 6 being a 262 

Not the size in cubic inches unfortunately 

121 bhp (150bhp with Kimberley twin carbs and dual exhaust), 172kg.  Not sure what a 250 Ford or 265 Valiant engine weigh, but they didn't do any favours for the Cortina or Centura, although the Cortina was popular with farmers in areas with long straight roads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1