KwS Marina Coupe

kws

2 hours ago, 87creepin said:

What kinda green brake fluid is that?

It was some stuff that I got when i did parts at the Hyundai dealer. OEM Hyundai, but not sure who actually made it. They've changed suppliers a couple of times since.

• Like 1

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 21/01/2021 at 10:30, cletus said:

Good idea to change the rear hose. Those particular ones with the textured outer were original equipment on a lot of cars in the 70s and 80s and they can be quite deteriorated without showing any signs of perishing on the outside like a 'normal' hose  

100% true. 3/3 blocked on the Marina. Thanks for the heads up, its why I just went ahead and ordered hoses before even checking the old ones.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, locost_bryan said:

I certainly never paid anything like that for freight from the US for similar size packages.

I could probably use Youshop if i needed to. I've been in touch with Horopito who have one there, but its like pulling teeth getting them to do anything.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, 87creepin said:

Pretty sure you shop dont do automotive parts. What I read on their ts and cs when I had a hissy fit about rockautos unconsolidated shipping

Ive used youshop for plenty of car parts in the past, but always from the UK. Havent used youshop USA, but should be the same.

• Like 2

No, I think the detailed production records were lost when the Zetland factory closed.

Hard to work out from chassis numbers, as each variant was numbered from 1001, so yours is the 572nd Deluxe 1750 manual Coupe. Production was about 200 cars per week, roughly 40% were Deluxe, and 40% Coupes, but I don't know the % for engine and trans. You could probably use a spreadsheet to make a guesstimate.

Because your chassis number doesn't start with a "Y", it's probably NZ assembled. If you have the original rego number, you will be able to find out the date first registered, the build date would probably be only a few weeks before that.

Honda have some NZMC records, but I don't think it includes any Marina info.

Could be worth asking on FMM forum, or on one of the Aussie Leyland facebook groups.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, kws said:

gS1avaB.jpg

I have a similar issue on the Datsun and its been plaguing me as to how to rectify to be the same as the other side.
Was browsing a restoration catalogue yesterday and saw those contour gauges and thought why on earth are they in here? 
Read your post today and bang, add to cart, keep sharing the practical ideas!

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Not quite moving yet, just need wheels powedercoated and tyres fitted, but real close. Very happy to see the driveline working though, and no significant weird noises yet (just the usual gear noise in first). 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Goat said:

Thankyou for documenting your builds so well. Always makes my day when I see one of your updates!

Must be pretty rewarding to have it move under its own steam.

I like the way that you write so clearly, and photograph so well that there is plenty of information for someone to follow the process along at home with their own vehicle. 

• Like 6

Thanks. I had trouble when I first started working on SD1s where people knew how to do certain jobs on them, but it wasn't written up anywhere and they kinda guarded that information. Any information that was written up was generally vague and without images, or just spread far and wide across the interwebs and hard to find. 

That pissed me off, so from then on I've tried to kinda catalogue the work I do in such a way that either someone can follow it and work out how a job is done, or point them in the direction of a known resource.

I believe it's helped some people to have the confidence to tackle jobs they may not have otherwise, but for most it's just interesting to watch my suffering :grin:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...