kws

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, igor said:

What's not to love about a Marina?

I predict there will be jokes about Pianos (nope, haven't heard that before :rolleyes:) and every man and their dog that hasnt owned and driven one thinks they are rubbish, based on what they have heard and read.

They're actually OK cars to drive. Sure, not fast, and dont handle that well, but shit, at about 48 years old what do you expect? Its older than me and im not fast and handle badly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

90% sure this is the colour the car should be too, Bold As Brass.

In fact, this is the same spec, grille and wheel trims. This is what it should look like. I'll probably keep the original colour, as its quite cool.

oqU277f.jpg

• Like 6

I look forward to your usual level of detailed work on this one. 

Funny how marina's never got much of a following, I've never had much to do with them but surely they cant be that much different/worse than other cheap 70s cars? 

I've always thought it would be fun to put a rotary in one  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CUL8R said:

Whats different about the TC ? Twin carbs and?

Twin carbs, higher compression, better interior (dash vents woo), different wheels, brake booster, opening rear quarter windows, bright exterior trim... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kws said:

Twin carbs, higher compression, better interior (dash vents woo), different wheels, brake booster, opening rear quarter windows, bright exterior trim... 

Strangely, they didn't all get the brake booster. Mags were optional extra (which I've never seen in NZ), but TC had different hubcaps and radial tyres. Centre console and rev counter were most obvious interior improvements.

Will upload the 12 page brochure later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, locost_bryan said:

Strangely, they didn't all get the brake booster. Mags were optional extra (which I've never seen in NZ), but TC had different hubcaps and radial tyres. Centre console and rev counter were most obvious interior improvements.

Will upload the 12 page brochure later.

Ah yes, it was the Uk ones that had the TC specific steel wheels. 

Its interesting to note that from the Leyland manual the TC is almost 30kg heavier than the poverty pack Deluxe. Them luxuries are heavy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1