RUNAMUCK

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the easiest way ive found to do selector seals on 727 or 904 trans is to pull pan and valve body out and put new seal in then the seal is fitted square. 

but this is how its done with trans in car.

nice progress looking forward to the end result   

• Thanks 1

On 08/04/2021 at 08:47, dabuzz said:

man this project is huge - Looking forward to seeing the body resurrection updates, its all way above my skill level, so its going to be cool seeing/learning about the body work as it progresses  

I’m hanging out so bad! The waiting part is inevitable but the more parts I clean up and paint in the mean-time, the more I gag to put them back on the car and feel some sense of achievement, lol!

havent really dialled-in how I’ll be suspending it while doing repairs cause there won’t be shit left to rest stands/hoist pads.

future problem 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, anglia4 said:

Fuck a duck.

How much car are you expecting to get back from the blasters?! :shock:

I'm super impressed that you don't seem to see any of that as a big deal. Its a very cool car to be saving.

My prediction is 3 new ‘compromised’ areas breaking through/pinholeing. Smaller than my palm?

I said don’t bother touching the crusty bits or surrounding areas as that’s going to end up on the cutting room floor anyway :-)

• Like 1

I imagine you will be able to buy almost every part you need to repair for this? 

That will make the job 11ty billion times quicker and easier. Especially with large and involved repairs

Talking from experience in the matter 

• Like 2