Mr.Mk1’s ‘70 Dodge Coronet 440

Mr.Mk1

The consolidator fucked around for a week and we missed the container. Gotta wait another month until the next one, then another for it to float over.

Fuck you Robert, I’m sour!

Leisurely scraped some underseal + all the old deposits and shit off the diff to aid the sandblaster. Pulled the rear brake hose to match at work..it’s identical to the fronts just a little shorter so that’s a bonus.

talked to the blaster tonight and will tee up a quick inspection in the weekend.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.Mk1

Top Posters In This Topic

Tranny all sealed up again. 
C0PfLe0.jpg

Fuel tank straps cleaned up, welded some soft bits, rust killed and painted silver.

93AMRIq.jpg
DZRFI23.jpg

Still working on the wiper pivot. 

6B9xnnv.jpg

decided to grind off the rivet and drive the shaft out then clean up and reassemble, weld where the rivet was to the bracket.

walking back from the grinder the fucking alloy housing just crumbled and both wings fell off!

I have an idea for a fix but not today.

• Like 9

I freed the wiper! 

z9nOL1s.jpg

fucking pot metal shit.

The shaft runs on brass bushes either end and the middle section was full of some now-solid shellac sorta shit which jammed it up good.

I have cleaned and lubed it, now trying to epoxy the housing back together. It doesn’t have to look good as it’s not seen, but it needs to be reliable when used.  The ugly repair method should work in my favour, I just have to take my time and let it fully set each time 

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...