SOHC,s Norton

SOHC

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seat is all mounted with new brackets at the front, spent most of the day on the front wheel, I had to grind down all the spoke niplels and give the spoke holes in the rim a little grind as that rim is drilled for another hub, i highly recommend using the correctly drilled rim unless you want to waste time. 

When lockdown finishes i amm off to the brittish bike parts library where i can exchange stuff for more parts

20210909_205606.jpg

• Like 6

Split the crank on the engine I am going to use because the big end felt rough, no wear at all but lots of moisture damage, in my experience they don't last long at all if you try to run them like this, so I had a back up crank pin I could use but under close inspection it has had some kind of failure like it was too soft or something. 

I give up.

• Sad 3

• 3 months later...
58 minutes ago, tortron said:

what did the nz army have them for, sidecar dispatch riders?

It was from a 2 wheel drive sidecar outfit that would carry alot of stuff and a brengun, nz army only had 3 of them, they have an odd frame for the rear axel witch would be impossible to find. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GregT said:

Engine plates from 6mm MDF - then copied in 5mm steel or 6mm alloy plate.

My own sequence is cardboard - MDF - alloy.

Yes I have some alloy Domi engines plates i will copy the rear half and get the holes marked for the frame witch will make it even easier, engine bottom crankcase though bolts line up perfectly with the frame holes

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got a roadholder front end, its an early one, stripped it down and with out fail its fucked, I had some commando staunchens but they are too short, so have ordered some longer ones, some new bushes and seals should see it working again.

20220606_202406.jpg

• Like 2

On 13/07/2022 at 13:54, GregT said:

Devcon - and sand it down. Not too bad a bodge for a old/slow road bike but I wouldn't use it for anything seeing a track.

A new pair is $250, I have ordered them and a fork rebuild kit, got some McIntosh steering head bearings to, front end is going to be very nice

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...