Wheels at Wanaka 2021

kiwi808

50 minutes ago, M.H. said:

I'm hoping to do the same, just hoping work doesn't get in the way

Work is totally going to be in the way and we have to find some way to occupy the dog while on the 4wd trips.

Having a shit year so far so just gunna book leave and walk out the door, figure it out on the go!

No accom booked and plan to be camping at various locations during the stay if thats up your alley?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, NickJ said:

New WOF on the Defender, leave somehow approved, all set to head down! Likely depart the Monday before and camp/cruise the way there.

Made a road trip plan yet @M.H.?

I havent really, more than likely I wont be able to so havent thought about it too much. Should probably find out who is driving down from Auckland and make some loose plans just incase. I havent even looked at what the land rover people have organised.

With it being over a 3000km round trip Im going to need some good hearing protection 

19 hours ago, M.H. said:

Scratch that, missed the cut off date so wont worry about it

All good, sounds like the 4wd trips are going to be busy, 80 vehicles per trip apparently!
3000k is a good hike for a traffic jam.....

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Toddy415 said:

@kiwi808 Whats the go with this for a single day visit? can you just rock up on the day and put your car in or do you have to pre register? Might come up for a day trip not sure yet

I don’t think you can enter for just a day. I think it’s a set up Friday take home Sunday night deal. But you could email them a check. They might have a day paddock?

It’s worth coming up for a day to check it out. There is so much to see and so many demos

5 hours ago, kiwi808 said:

I don’t think you can enter for just a day. I think it’s a set up Friday take home Sunday night deal. But you could email them a check. They might have a day paddock?

It’s worth coming up for a day to check it out. There is so much to see and so many demos

We're only there for Saturday, when I spoke to the organisers over the phone about onsite camping they never indicated we couldn't drive out each night (we're camping in the Land Rover while down for the week)

• 2 weeks later...