nzstato

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sambo said:

That scaffolding is wild. What happens once the cladding is on and the joinery is in? 

Does anyone know what the system is called?

if anything like the scaffolding the builders here are using its only up till roof is finished then it comes down to wrap, clad and install windows

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Builders weren't going to wait on the roofer so got the sheet delivered and started on it themselves. My spare shed is brimming with building materials so with the roof on they can plow on with the rest now that the weather has turned here is the south.

D16.thumb.jpg.4df3a607b4040529a4236e5bfce6cdee.jpg

3 waters contractor was round to put in the new water connections, cant recall what the cost was for this (was in the total contract) but shouldnt be too much with such a short run.  New power connections due in a few weeks also.

D15.thumb.jpg.bd8ff37a809bcd1be216531a00413248.jpg

Had a brief chat with my lawyer this morning, just to sign an easement to the council over their sewer main, and a private one for the sewer connections into the new lots.  Title should be easy (and apparently not too much of a wait at the moment).

We are also having thoughts on just selling up the whole lot and just buying or building somewhere else, I have the pricing to do the relocate (60k+) but the hassle/financing factor plus the residual value of the bare sections, added to the fact availability of lifestyle blocks is getting harder means we are weighing up our options.

Watch this space, happy to receive questions also, I've had a few PMs along the way.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Windows are now in. 

Picked an agent, negotiated <2% commission.  Post to follow on how to do that.  A few articles coming our how commission fees are obscene considering $ and the hot market, I agree but main reason is we sellers accept that without negotiation...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nzstato said:

Windows are now in. 

Picked an agent, negotiated <2% commission.  Post to follow on how to do that.  A few articles coming our how commission fees are obscene considering $ and the hot market, I agree but main reason is we sellers accept that without negotiation...

Look forward to hearing every detail of making an agent squirm, dealing with them was the worst part of house buying for us, they all came off as openly dishonest without even trying to hide how much they were ready to rip us off.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Look forward to hearing every detail of making an agent squirm, dealing with them was the worst part of house buying for us, they all came off as openly dishonest without even trying to hide how much they were ready to rip us off.

The agent works for the seller, not the buyer and thier goal, backed by % commission as an incentive, is to get the 'best' price - from the sellers perspective - ie the highest. 

But not withstanding that, i agree, when we were looking some of them came across as smug lying fucks so tended to work against us putting in our best offer, but with a long line of bigger suckers it seemed like pretty easy money to put up a sign, hold an open home  and then sort the offers from highest to lowest.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, azzurro said:

The agent works for the seller, not the buyer and thier goal, backed by % commission as an incentive, is to get the 'best' price - from the sellers perspective - ie the highest. 

But not withstanding that, i agree, when we were looking some of them came across as smug lying fucks so tended to work against us putting in our best offer, but with a long line of bigger suckers it seemed like pretty easy money to put up a sign, hold an open home  and then sort the offers from highest to lowest.

Not trying to spam this up too much, but in my opinion real estate agents are not working for the seller either. They're working to maximise turnover. In a house worth 600k, 2%= $12k, to get $50k more of a sales price will require a whole lot more hustle for the agent to earn just $1k. A mates way of dealing with this was to offer 10% commission on $ over X, that's a real incentive to maximise what they're getting for you. 

We sold our house ourselves, was really easy, made a sign, listed on trademe, had an open home, took names and numbers at the open home, rang the people who attended that night and asked if they were interested in making an offer. Sold in a week. The best part was knowing exactly how the process was going. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, azzurro said:

For alot of them, playing the game of FOMO is all they have got....