Hayden's 1985 L200 Tipper- Discussion

WhangareiKE70

Fixed the photos and added a new post with a few more pics.

I have had the wiper assembly shit itself, haven't had a chance to look at it yet, it sounds like the motor is still turning, but no blade movement. So maybe stripped some internal gear? 
Anyway, adding that to the top of the to do list. 

3 minutes ago, WhangareiKE70 said:

Fixed the photos and added a new post with a few more pics.

I have had the wiper assembly shit itself, haven't had a chance to look at it yet, it sounds like the motor is still turning, but no blade movement. So maybe stripped some internal gear? 
Anyway, adding that to the top of the to do list. 

I have a sigma one that might fit

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yea man those plastic things go and then that's that.

There's a generic one that fits, let me ask what the guy ordered and il get back to you

Edit.  Apparently these ones Toyota AE100 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-TOYOTA-TIGER-AE100-LH112-Windshield-Windscreen-Wiper-Linkage-Bush-Big-1-set/113172266666?hash=item1a5997beaa:g:p9EAAOSwoA1bW913

Here the are in the l200 arm

There's small bushings too, but no lead on them (some dorman ones are close but not quite, could mod the arm to fit easy with a reamer I think)

Some blokes have modded them with little rose joint/heim joints

large Wiper Bushing1.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tortron said:

Yea man those plastic things go and then that's that.

There's a generic one that fits, let me ask what the guy ordered and il get back to you

Edit.  Apparently these ones Toyota AE100 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-TOYOTA-TIGER-AE100-LH112-Windshield-Windscreen-Wiper-Linkage-Bush-Big-1-set/113172266666?hash=item1a5997beaa:g:p9EAAOSwoA1bW913

There's small bushings too, but no lead on them (some dorman ones are close but not quite, could mod the arm to fit easy with a reamer I think)

Some blokes have modded them with little rose joint/heim joints

Jesus, $20USD plus $27USD for shipping of that tiny bushing, but it's probably my best bet. Unless there is somewhere local that might have them? Any ideas?
Other than being a tight arse, my other reservation is international shipping time, and (now I bothered to figure out what it is) I want to get this fixed ASAP, as it's raining a fair bit at the moment. 

On 06/03/2021 at 00:17, Valiant said:

Use an 8mm spherical rod end from the bearing shop. You will need to trim the old end off and weld some threaded rod or a tube nut etc on to replace it.

I've fixed quite a few wiper linkages this way. 

Seems like this could be the go, as it is something I can source locally, and will be an upgrade at least, even if it is a bit more work in the short term.