Toyota G series gearbox thrust bearing

Flash

I'm seeking some guidance from the Toyota brains trust again.

I've just opened up the box containing my new clutch kit and the thrust bearing included in the kit looks nothing like my original. Now I'm wondering whether I'm missing a trick here. Like for instance maybe I have to use the original housing and somehow just replace the inner bearing. Another clue that they may have supplied me with the wrong kit is the fact that the small crankshaft pilot bearing supplied in the kit is a 15mm o/d unit instead of the existing 12mm o/d unit fitted to my engine. Similarly the plastic clutch plate locating tool provided in the kit is also the wrong diameter. 

Since I'm amongst friends I'd rather ask the silly question here than get egg on my face when I contact the supplier on Monday.

Thanks in advance fellas.

20210123_104214.jpg

20210123_104229.jpg

20210123_104249.jpg

Thanks for the replies fellas. The clutch plate does fit the gearbox input shaft and the pressure plate seems to match my original in appearance at least.

The old thrust bearing pictured in my original post is the one I removed when I split the engine from the gearbox, but the van was a non runner when I bought it with the engine and gearbox just slapped in the hole, so it's quite possible that someone has fitted the incorrect thrust bearing somewhere along the line. Having said this I've put a vernier on the ID of the pilot bearing on both my 3Y and 4Y engines and also on the input shaft of both my 4 and 5 speed gearboxes and the pilot bearing and spigot locating tool provided in the kit are definitely not the right size.

Thanks again for the replies @kprand @BlownCorona. Thought I'd provide some feedback after chatting to the clutch kit supplier this morning. Turns out that I have been supplied with a kit from a Cressida. The clutch and pressure plates are the same, but the thrust and pilot bearings differ to the ones I need. The supplier is posting me the correct bits, so I'm very chuffed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2