ThePog again needs tech info about Carib shitboxes

ThePog

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, hohocc said:

Doesn't happen to sound/smell rich when cranking does it? Almost firing but not quite?

Na no petrol smell at all.

37 minutes ago, Taistorm said:

Check the terminals. Make sure the battery posts and lead clamps are clean and tight. Check the earth and the contacts at the starter. Probably not the issue but these get overlooked so easily, often.

I may have overstated the importance of the cranking, it still cranks fine but kindof has a timing issue feel to the way it cranks.

Also when we changed the plugs they were a different type to the ones that came out, I wonder if something is up there. My daughter bought them a while ago and i remember checking what the difference was and not being too worried.

I also wonder if the sensor is wrong or damaged and telling the ECU the wrong things...?

12 minutes ago, ThePog said:

Na no petrol smell at all.

I may have overstated the importance of the cranking, it still cranks fine but kindof has a timing issue feel to the way it cranks.

Also when we changed the plugs they were a different type to the ones that came out, I wonder if something is up there. My daughter bought them a while ago and i remember checking what the difference was and not being too worried.

I also wonder if the sensor is wrong or damaged and telling the ECU the wrong things...?

Does it have the correct plugs (BKR5E)? Try undoing the work you just did and see what happens, since thats the only thing thats changed since it ran properly.

11 minutes ago, kws said:

Does it have the correct plugs (BKR5E)? Try undoing the work you just did and see what happens, since thats the only thing thats changed since it ran properly.

Yea that was definitely on the cards. Strange that it just ran when we first started it tho. It kindof tells me it might be a cold start thing and maybe about the sensor, but I'll start with simple shit.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...