• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, kiwi808 said:

Sooo good that this is starting.

12 slots and eagers first up please.

Also, I’m off to visit dad soon so I’ll see what Cleveland buts I can pilfer.

Cheers boss!!!!!! I want to start piecing together a nice 351C soon

I just bought some chrome 'skull caps" for the 12 slots and I actually can't wait to slam it.....when I get some space at home to actually have the car in the same city haha.

It's currently in Hamilton tucked away

This is the look/stance I'm looking to achieve. The side mouldings, louvres and S Pac lower lip really make them look killer IMHO.

I'm super lucky to have sourced a XE Ghia Fairmont bonnet and headlights too - you can see in the attached pics the headlight width.

IMG_2425.JPG

IMG_2577.JPG

• Like 8

On 13/01/2021 at 11:46, rivalrx said:

AA2343BA-9D81-45B7-8127-2038ED605ED9.jpeg

Ahhhh the memories.. I did a XD that looked just like this on 12 slots way back when you needed to take your camera roll in to be processed.. mid 90's I think..  it was painted primer orange & had XF Fairmont doors so I could have central locking & electric window & mirrors.. lowered front springs, reset leafs by Archers who are still around today.. if I find a pic I'll scan & upload it.

Great direction you're heading with this

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cletus said:

Dunno if it's any help or if they are the same or not but I was at zebra in manukau on sunday, there was a XG? falcon ute with a disc rear end that still had the calipers and cables on it  

Ohhhh cheers Clint!!! 

Might go and pay them a visit when the lockdown lifts. 

• 3 months later...

Bit of diff tidy up today, between the rain drops. I can't wait to move the carAuckland so that I can at least get started tinkering on it. 

Can't to put the 12 slots on it and slam it too.

Before slamming, I might look to take it for a re vin at some stage too. After some new brakes and address any issue that rears up.  Get it back live in the system so that I can get it under side blasted to give it a bit of a birthday. 

I'm ejecting the bench seat and will put factory ghia buckets in (albeit tan colour) and I will have the seats are trimmed Caribbean Blue as it is now. 

C444266A-0C60-457A-A614-74520A4F4A9A.jpeg

• Like 3

Haha classic. Cheers for the comment bud. 

the diff hat upgrade sounds like a goer!! Cheers for that.  

Keen as to make tweaks like that for better handling. 

regarding the 4.1, I plan to get it going as it is now (for starters). 

the v8 can come down the line

• Like 1

I have a tow spec cam in the shed, cam run with stock rocker gear etc.

Was torqy as, i have a bigger stick in it now so could do a deal on it if you decide to go that way. Also have a manual pedalbox, clutch cable and bellhousing in there, possibly flywheel too.

Stole the ringgear for my billet flywheel though. Need to do a build thread on that car one day...

• Like 1

Not sure what i want for it, falcon tax has gone up heaps since i bought it....nah just taking the piss.

Will head out to the shed shortly and see what else is there, could do a bundle deal with pedalbox, cable, bellhousing and centerbearing fork if i can find it all.

Bellhousing was for singlerail but can redrill them to suit whatever you run.

Just looked at trademe to see what the bits are going for, holy shit i'm sitting on a goldmine. But unlike the guy on there, i want to see more falcons on the road so.... make an offer of cash or swaps for other falcon stuff.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...