Recommendations for mechanic/workshop/engine shop in Hamilton

Beaver

So I did a boo boo and broke the rd28t in my Gloria. It has picked up a horrid knock and doesn't sound very well at all. I've done the usual once over for anything obvious etc but no luck. I'm an adult so happy to pay the cost to be the boss so looking for suggestions for somewhere I can take it to get it looked at and taken care off. Ideally somewhere who can diagnose it (or at least come up with a logical plan of attack) and then do the work or get the work done. I'm envisaging the engine will need to be pulled down and I appreciate that may well be the first step to see if anything jumps out before someone can spot the problem.

Not really interested in someone's brothers cousins sisters uncles dad who knows a bit/fuck all about cars and could take a look.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Our friends own raglan turbo and diesel/ Bosch Avalon on Avalon drive. They're a good bunch who know their stuff generally and our friend Ben basically just kicks around the shop doing his own projects and roasting coffee beans and making people free coffee while the mechanics do the car stuff

• Haha 1

I've used diesel and turbo/turbo and diesel type places before and they have been great at what they do but typically don't get into general mechanic stuff/engine work itself. Do you know if these guys do more than just injector pumps and turbos?

Yeah they basically two shops in one, the turbo and diesel side and general mechanic, wof, tyre stuff. They have seperate insta pages for both sides of the business, I will send you links and you can have a geeze. They are closed until the 18th btw.