Anyone got a W40 Nissan Civilian bus?

ThePog

If you do I need a favour...

The rear springs on my bus are pretty saggy, so much that one side is basically resting on the bump stop. I just replaced the shocks but it wasn't enough to jack it back up.

It is a very early civilian and I am hoping the w40 rear springs are the same, or similar enough to use as there is way more chance I can get a set of those...

So I need some pics and some measurements of w40 ones before I get too carried away.

Chur in advance.

21 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Have you considered getting them re-arched? It's a valid repair.

Bellamy and East in ChCh re arch them, I'm not sure about Nelson

Yea it's an option, hopefully someone in Nelson can do that. I'll investigate this week. I am pretty sure mine is the same as a w40, the running gear in mine was also in the later ones, and I reckon that will be cheapest and easiest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2021 at 14:09, johnny.race said:

@ThePog I only just saw your post. I checked our bus. Its a RGW40. What info do you need exactly and do you still need it? Cheer.

Hey sorry i just saw this. I think I have it sorted, the man Kerry is probably going to add a leaf to the springs for me.

Having said that, that^ will be spendy, so it might be worth looking further at replacement springs from a w40. If you could take a pic or two and measure center of the eye to eye, plus the width of the spring that would be sweet.

On 17/01/2021 at 16:26, ThePog said:

Hey sorry i just saw this. I think I have it sorted, the man Kerry is probably going to add a leaf to the springs for me.

Having said that, that^ will be spendy, so it might be worth looking further at replacement springs from a w40. If you could take a pic or two and measure center of the eye to eye, plus the width of the spring that would be sweet.

The rear leaf springs in our W40 are 1242mm long as measured from center of spring eye to center of spring eye. They are 70mm wide with each leaf spring assembly consisting of 2 leaves each. Our bus leans over too, lol!

1567135956_20210118_164318(Large).thumb.jpg.be1bb02cecb2251a989b9e04199f8036.jpg

84754388_20210118_164359(Large).thumb.jpg.3533616b9127770b13668a29a956c4ff.jpg

1380262797_20210118_164725(Large).thumb.jpg.01b3b90cb510979c19b8c8da465a7acd.jpg

24 minutes ago, johnny.race said:

The rear leaf springs in our W40 are 1242mm long as measured from center of spring eye to center of spring eye. They are 70mm wide with each leaf spring assembly consisting of 2 leaves each. Our bus leans over too, lol!

Cheers for that, I will measure up.

Mine has 4 or 5 leaves, I'd be interested to know the gvm etc of yours...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...