Honda Mini Trail Junker

4AG_Addict

Good score! 

Lots of parts available, even genuine Honda if you find the right part numbers (via partzilla etc) and order from Webike.Jp genuine parts section. 

There’s also Aconohonda in Te Aroha, same thing with part numbers: 

https://www.anacondaltd.co.nz

Aftermarket, quality is fine, definitely a lot better than the Chinese scooters of back in the day. Darren is our original aftermarket monkey / Honda part supplier: 

https://www.shore50s.co.nz/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

and just recently mBike have come into the NZ market with mostly AliExpress spec Honda specific goods at decent prices. https://www.mbike.co.nz

Hope this helps! Looking forward to updates / If you ever want to sell it let me know ;) 

• Like 1

Oh it's a 50. Carry on then

if no history does it count as a "fresh import" i dunno

From 1 April 2020

All new model new motorcycles over 125cc must have ABS.

All new model new motorcycles up to and including 125cc must have ABS or CBS.

From 1 November 2021

All current model new motorcycles and imported used motorcycles over 125cc must have ABS.

All current model new motorcycles and imported used motorcycles up to and including 125cc must have ABS or CBS.

Vin exempt vehicle, just go into AA/VTNZ and ask for an MR2B, fill it out and then chat about the weather etc acting confident like you get a new plate everyday.
It 100% has been registered in NZ before 2011, you just don't know the old plate number ;)

If they say it needs an inspection point out that that is for anything imported after 2011 so doesn't apply, if they still want to fuck you about go to another AA/VTNZ.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 26/12/2020 at 23:13, 4AG_Addict said:

Job for the night was to check out the fuel tank. Plenty of rust & crud, but no holes anywhere. Have a sealer kit on the way.

20201226_231203.jpg

Fill that bad boy with vinegar and let it marinade for a couple of weeks. It's the cheapest option for converting rust. 

• Like 2

Second the vinegar, countdown home brand do a big bottle cheap.

Dunno about leaving it for a couple weeks, I've found after a day or 2 the vinegar seems to lose it's grunt so I change it for fresh, another day or 2 and it's ready to be flushed and neutralized with baking soda then sealed (bit of oil heavy 2t mix has worked for me in the past.)

• Like 1