my new problematic daily....its a mk1 focus st170

d.p.n.s

Have put a single mass flywheel from Uk on mine.Clutch was always high, now soooooo much better. Hate dual mass!

Have you had problems with your cluster. Had cluster checked, OK, replaced sensor, checked fuses. All the recommended things, still works when it wants.

You seem to have fixed all the same things as me, IMRC, throttle control. Temperamental child it is but lovable.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/12/2023 at 17:05, Rod11 said:

Have put a single mass flywheel from Uk on mine.Clutch was always high, now soooooo much better. Hate dual mass!

Have you had problems with your cluster. Had cluster checked, OK, replaced sensor, checked fuses. All the recommended things, still works when it wants.

You seem to have fixed all the same things as me, IMRC, throttle control. Temperamental child it is but lovable.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the clutch .

My clutch lights don't work some times but I turn it off and they come back on fine.

Just done the fuel pump and that seems to of sorted some fuel surging issues out.

Just done the came belt, water pump and tensioners. At 205000 ks.

Apart from that yhe car is looking ruff these days .the canterbury sun has destroyed. Out of the clear coat. But I daily drive it and I still love it.

Plan on redoing the clear coat one day.

• 2 months later...

Well its all come to an end.....

Thanks to some dickhead not watching where he was going ..

Cut across the carpark and drove straight into me... I seen him and stopped he didn't and ....he didn't. 

Nothing wrong with his car .... but the damage to mine ..is enough for ut to be a write off..(bent chassis rail).......pretty gutted..

I am insured and he has accepted liability....but it wasn't insured for enough to buy another st170.(I will be buying it back if I have the chance).

But for now ... I think ill just buy a cheap daily car thats reliable as I now have 2 teenage girls that are about to start kerning how to drive ...and ut can be something they can use aswell ..

RiP.....

by the way ....none car people DO NOT get it ... sometimes a car is not just a car and they do have a special place within.

20240323_061235.thumb.jpg.752224ca58538738804072ffdaa54516.jpg20240318_164510.thumb.jpg.39934e1a1da08da75a13da87e0cdbb37.jpg

• Sad 14

check with your insurance company if they can get a post incident valuation. ive had that in the past when i had an accidentally under insured car. i didnt even have to pay for it, though i also wasn't at fault. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BlownCorona said:

check with your insurance company if they can get a post incident valuation. ive had that in the past when i had an accidentally under insured car. i didnt even have to pay for it, though i also wasn't at fault. 

Yeah ill see what happens this week.

It was hard enough getting it insured for what it was as they could only go off a standard mk1 focus and wanted to insure it for $1800 and at the time there were none for sale in NZ to compare to (they couldn't even see that ment something).

So ut insured for what I payed for it (won't be able to buy another one for that .). But if I can get it back ..then ill part it out

8 minutes ago, cletus said:

Would it be worthwhile swapping mechanicals into a normal spec one? 

normally I might be tempted. (ESPECIALLY if I found a mk1 wagon)... but its my daily driver so I need another one... 

So if I can buy it back cheap enough I will and part it out.

Buy a cheap reliable daily and now I have 1 daughter about to learn driving and 1 not so far away from it it can also be something for that ...and use the rest of the money to get my mk3 legal

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rusty360 said:

Just outa interest what did you get for the engine?

I could have sold everything for a lot more.. but I sold it all for offers.

So the motor sold for $1500

• Thanks 1