my new problematic daily....its a mk1 focus st170

d.p.n.s

2 minutes ago, locost_bryan said:

Ooh, I've got one of those in my slot car set. :-)

Looks like you got a bargain there @d.p.n.s :thumbleft:

i did mate and i willing to work through the issues....might eliminate some later on down the line with a black top head and maybe inlet  ....turbo and a link ecu. lol

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
22 hours ago, shizzl said:

Check out the Marcus Hayes channel on YouTube, he's always ducking with st170 motors in his Mk1, mk2, plastic fiesta and his old man's shitter wagon.. Quite interesting setups with its, weber and el stockos

yeah man seen most of them.

its a pretty good motor...would be way better in a lighter car.

I'm trying to get a complete head sent out from the uk to give to a mate at kennelly cams.....see if he can give me a hand to get it over 200hp at the wheels with itbs.

just hard to do with the car being daily...lol.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 25/09/2021 at 11:20, d.p.n.s said:

and I actually have mates that aren't into cars....( fuck I know....strange ay)..

I feel your pain.. None of my close friends are particularly into to cars (not like me anyway) I find myself being asked advice on which car to buy and if it doesn't like up with their thinking they go their way anyway, latest was should I buy a v8 disco or a v6 prado.. Obvs the prado for a long list of reasons 1st one being the the disco is British..

Nek minute what's on the street? A fucken disco!? 

Was very cheap to so I'll give him that but.. Ygwypf. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, yetchh said:

I feel your pain.. None of my close friends are particularly into to cars (not like me anyway) I find myself being asked advice on which car to buy and if it doesn't like up with their thinking they go their way anyway, latest was should I buy a v8 disco or a v6 prado.. Obvs the prado for a long list of reasons 1st one being the the disco is British..

Nek minute what's on the street? A fucken disco!? 

Was very cheap to so I'll give him that but.. Ygwypf. 

yup ...

i dont do the ...."can you find me a cheap car as a run around mate"  as what i class as cheap and what they class is totally different and i know ill be fixing something..... they think it will be a new car at a cheap price.....

And it shows in the suns man..... i have all the time in the world for these lads but i give they dads shit when ever i can .... and have a need to ring and apologize to my dad as soon as they leave....    that man deserves a fucking medal ... but also totally his fault i am the way i am

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

3rd thermostat in 2 years.
1st was the shitty ebay one that came with the thermostat housing (great housing though).
2nd was from ford.. last year but seemed to stick open as of a few weeks ago...

the st170 runs like shit cold and premature wear on the motor...

so ordered a tridon one and it turned up today..
swapped it over (easiest thermostat swap ever).

but this is what I found with the one from Ford... how unlucky was that .. opened hot and couldn't close as it hit the little thingy.20220914_101620.jpg.171e2fdcbccf5f4e86f3ddc6a58b2733.jpg

20220914_101617.jpg.d2df9905ba6f0398a5c1de96765cd2b3.jpg

20220914_112407.jpg.d7edef03e807f3e5bdc94d90cc6164ea.jpg

20220914_101632.jpg.8f5ac4a0266355cec28c6c5cfebb1a7a.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

well the old girl is 20 this year ...

and just hit 200,000ks today... bless.

I've been getting some bits together for a bit of a refresh. 

front and rear shocks, cam belt and tensioner, water pump ,cam.and crank seals, cam cover gasket ,...

might even sand the roof back and re do the ckear coat

20230125_111145.jpg.b2fa831747db028a1a0ae6b2269f7326.jpg

20230125_110920.jpg.2a5b95d5fa28d5512bfeee4d0e8bc282.jpg

20230125_111640.jpg.e3188ab6c5265a77b27b98c5a839e7a3.jpg

think I might find a cheap blacktop zetec and start putting together a turbo zetec for her.... and put the st170 lump under the bench...............    this will be later on down the line

• Like 6