Help Tunerpro!! GM ECU Hacking. (Muncie Tries to Nuke his Ecotec)

Muncie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Another new crank angle sensor has resolved the issues i was having.

Have flashed an Enhanced bin file into the Ecu, this is essentially a firmware update and makes changes a bit easier to make, nerve Racking though as flashing a Bin file is considered risky and can brick the ECU. 

It failed first attempt then sat with "No response from Ecu" message coming up for ages in OSE flash tool. It then came back to life and successfully loaded second time round.

The new enhanced bin i got from the pcmhacking.net has some goodies that add a bit of extra ignition timing and line pressure to trans. Its a starting point and from here onwards i only flash in tune portions of the bin file. Its dead easy to do i just need some practice working in tunerpro making changes.

If anyone knows their way round tunerpro please chime in.

• 2 years later...

Probably no help but ~14years ago when i messed with Delco tuning stuff I remember being stuck and couldn't get the live tuning bit working.
Turned out I had to load 2 different files into the program before it would work, was a very simple thing that took me ages before someone pointed it out, (like a Bin file and a xps file or somthing) because everyone else did this without thinking about it so it wasn't ever mentioned, lol. Unfortunately this was so long ago i can't remember the excat details sorry

On 28/08/2023 at 11:05, drftnmaz said:

Probably no help but ~14years ago when i messed with Delco tuning stuff I remember being stuck and couldn't get the live tuning bit working.
Turned out I had to load 2 different files into the program before it would work, was a very simple thing that took me ages before someone pointed it out, (like a Bin file and a xps file or somthing) because everyone else did this without thinking about it so it wasn't ever mentioned, lol. Unfortunately this was so long ago i can't remember the excat details sorry

Cheers, i sat down today and watched some you tube vids got the coms working data was working but lots of errors.

tried different options used one that shouldn't work surprisingly it did.