Brocky41's 1970 ish International 444 Diesel Tractor - She's a Hard Worker.

brocky41

Well I dont know if i need help in the head or just help lol. I went and brought this International 444 sight unseen and not running. Came with bucket, hay forks for the front and a plow thingo for the rear. Mostly want to use it for lifting and shifting stuff, you get sick of manual labour on 10 acres after a while.

I got it pretty cheap and i think it has a fuel delivery issue rather than the motor being the issues. Old owner said it got harder and harder to start after being left for longer periods. I tried to bleed the injectors last night but im getting plenty of fuel to the pump, the pump just isnt delivering fuel to the injector lines - im thinking something up with the pump, as the hand primer pump is getting the fuel through the system and back to the tank, fuel filter is full etc but the "kill" lever is awfully easy to move back and forward (i dont know if this is normal). Just seems odd with no fuel coming out of the injector lines when cracked off (ive bleed a few LD28's in my time lol)

I also havent worked out what the black switch to the left of the key panel does, and have already noticed some dodgy wiring.

Looks to have a new starter, and alternator and a rebuild hyd pump so just those are probably worth what i paid for it.

Anyway heres some pics - any advice is appreciated

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG

DSC_0085.JPG

• Like 8

Hi @johnnyfive yea i did crack these while cranking - lower one was a 'squirter' but the top one had a case of the dribbs. Battery died but will try again tonight - hand pumping while they are open 1 at a time first.

I did give it the tinyest est squirt of engine start ( i know not great for diesels) and it coughed so at least i know there is some life somewhere in there.

Oh its so easy - straight out of the car and on the back of the ute, job done in minimum effort and time. I think i could to with one of those forklift type 3 point linkage units for the front. Those hay forks are either not going to stay straight or poke someones eye out. 

Also lifted a datsun 140J body (no glass or diff, but still has motor and box) and moved it forward but not back. Time for more rear weight?

123138653_391123292066225_3617659014795098149_n.jpg

• Like 3

On 24/10/2020 at 15:05, brocky41 said:

Came with bucket, hay forks for the front and a plow thingo for the rear. Mostly want to use it for lifting and shifting stuff, you get sick of manual labour on 10 acres after a while.

I like how the '10 acres' problem is really just moving cars/parts around.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...