Toyota clutch lever return spring

Flash

The clutch levers on my two donor HiAces are different. One has a lug with a hole in it for the return spring. The other has no lug, but it does have a fancy little notch in the top corner.

Please can someone educate me on how the return spring is attached on the lever that has no lug.

Thanks in advance.

20201015_134549.jpg

Pressing down on the clutch pedal deploys the slave cylinder push rod and moves the fork. When you release the clutch pedal the fork only moves back slightly and doesn't go all the way back to its original starting position. The clutch appears to be permanently engaged even when the pedal is pressed. I thought at first that the clutch and pressure plates may have been seized together as the vehicle has been standing for a good while. I pulled the clutch and pressure plate out and they were free of each other with no signs of a seize up. The clutch plate looks good with still plenty of meat left, but the pressure plate has bad wear marks on the tines, so I'm thinking the thrust bearing is toast. I plan to replace all 3 components, but I'm not 100% sure whether it will solve the "non returning fork" issue.  

20201016_075016.jpg

Bit of a complicated answer to that one @Mof

I experienced this issue when everything was fitted to the donor HiAce van. Now that it's going into the Thames it will be a different master cylinder / pedal setup. I'm a bit away from getting it to the point where I can check the freeboard.