FiTech EFI

holdenman

1 minute ago, kyteler said:

Good plan.  I approve.

LOL, I had thought of that but to me it defeats one of the things that makes webers so special, the noise that emanates via the 6 velocity stacks, it's enough to make grandmothers leap tall buildings in a single bound! 

1 hour ago, holdenman said:

To see the difference and get it ready for my other turbo engine, My current engine is a bit of a test mule that I have run various things on it. I have a couple more engines including a low compression black motor that I plan doing an old school turbo set up using a decompression plate and no ecu.

black motor comp is fine for turbo wont need to decompression plate will need better pistons and valve springs tho, Im running 11psi thru my black engine on a set of hypertec pistons on stock starfire spec rods

Interesting, I thought this was the case by was told it was still a bit high and may have issues with NZ's shit unreliable fuel. But by dropping it to around 7.7:1 it would create some safety. 

Why the Starfire rods when the Black Motors already have them? I don't plan on running that much boost and will run stock pistons although I have some near new pistons in another engine that was given to me. The springs and lifters would be needed to match the cam specs anyway so that should be ok. That engine is a little way off yet and I need to sell of a bit of gear before that.

fuel is fine just need enough of it really  where efi helps with the delivery basic link atom  runs it mint , i run gull 98 now but have run z 95 previously with no detonation  issues just  a tad less timing than 98,  starfire rods = black motor rods  mine is running the original black motor ones with arp bolts, stock pistons in the black motor are utter junk they split thru the oil ring and the skirts fall off without a turbo also really thin thru the gudgeon pin area. Iv had several all with the same problem, red and blue motors used to split the tops off too thru  the compression rings