Romans 2005 Toyota Echo

Roman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fastest run was 100.5 mph 
I actually swapped the 13" steel wheels onto the back originally, for the drags. As they're lighter than the 14" wheels and R888R. 
But then figured I'm not too keen on being a bit light on rear end grip while I'm coming to terms with a potentially squishy/wobbly front end. 
Not a huge amount of weight difference, so would rather just change one variable at a time.
100% not keen on space savers or whatever! 
I'm looking for some 13" alloys in 4x100, so I can run a set of matching wheels and run these up the front.
But need to find some wheels before I buy some, as this looks to be the hard part, finding some in 4x100 13"

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mnh-mss012

• Like 1

Caught up on this thread again. Theres so much tech stuff/graphs etc that I only read it when my brain is running at full steam.

Probably a different torque curve, but I've been 14.1 with 126hp in a car of a similar weight. (How much does yours weigh?) I'd estimate mine was around 840kgs excluding my fat arse. 

My quicker times saw a drop from 2.2 to 2.xxx seconds in the 60ft. (With sticky drag rubber, in fact once they were staged the motor couldnt spin them. Lol) 

My only suggestion is you need to fit an "I love lawn bowls" sticker.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Caught up on this thread again. Theres so much tech stuff/graphs etc that I only read it when my brain is running at full steam.

Probably a different torque curve, but I've been 14.1 with 126hp in a car of a similar weight. (How much does yours weigh?) I'd estimate mine was around 840kgs excluding my fat arse. 

My quicker times saw a drop from 2.2 to 2.xxx seconds in the 60ft. (With sticky drag rubber, in fact once they were staged the motor couldnt spin them. Lol) 

My only suggestion is you need to fit an "I love lawn bowls" sticker.

This is somewhere around the 800-820kg mark as drag raced (took passenger seat out) 
Yeah so there's something to be said for average horsepower that a peak number doesnt quite tell the story of.
From dyno sheet my motor makes peak torque 5500rpm and peak hp 7600rpm. 
But it's worth revving it to 9k at the drags, because it means when I change gears it lands into more horsepower. 
If I changed gear at 7600rpm I'd be landing into 35hp less than what I land into with a 9k shift.
Then it takes considerably longer to pull yourself up out of that horsepower hole.
And I'd also have to shift into 4th before crossing the line.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tortron said:

Every single bolt cut to length, necked and drilled out is the least I expect

A guy on a forum I used to frequent reckoned you could get used titanium bolts from aircraft (helicopters maybe?) 

Where the bolts all had to be replaced every X number of hours.

All cheap AF.

• Like 2