Roman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Stu said:

*cough* NOS *cough*

Would have to be a wet shot into the throttle body's right? 50 shot to start and then move up? 

Any thoughts on tweaking the suspension some more?

Also massive congratulations :D impressive result, thats with full street trim as well yeah? can always lose some more weight

Thanks.
Honestly I dont think it's even at the point where tweaking the suspension more is needed. 
I only got 3 runs and I dont think I'm too close to dialling it in yet on those tyres.
I reckon launch another 500 or 1000rpm higher and my 60ft would drop even more. 
Not full street trim, I dont normally have the back seats in, but took out the passenger seat this time.

• Like 4

at this point you'd have to consider sticking the seats back in for a run just to say "it runs a 13 in street trim" other than the slicks. (assuming it can)

looking forward to hearing what an exhaust can do.. even if it just sounds better with dorts front and rear

I dont recall those tyres dropping trap speed at low pressure.  well not significantly anyway.    10psi and 8k launch should get it moving.    need to run less in them than if it were a rwd

13.8 is pretty impressive,  but should go at least 13.6 i recon

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Nah I'm good for the NOS, realistically my rods are probably on a limited life already!
Maybe if I fit those stronger rods though...

I think with ITB you'd go for a dry shot and control the fuel addition with with the computer, so you just add injector duty when nitrous is on. 
Use a secondary fuel map that uses bottle pressure vs rpm as the load axes. 
Use the ECU to trigger the map change and the nitrous solenoid. 
Keeps the setup a lot simpler and less messy with extra fuel lines and nozzles everywhere.

It's a pity nitrous is so expensive though, it's a cheap buy-in but becomes uneconomical very very quickly in NZ. 
As we cant buy any of the cheap non medical grade nitrous here unfortunately. 
In America, nitrous refills are incredibly cheap by comparison, as you can buy "car grade" shitty stuff.

• Like 2

@Romansounds like you need to get another Prius engine from the wreckers and build the bottom end with beefier rods and some other go fast mods (cleaning up casting marks etc etc) just don't add any speed holes ;)

Good point on the Nos dry shot, typically when I've seen/done Nos its always been when injectors are getting close to the limit on 4 cylinder turbo setups (2200cc injectors) in saying that these days dual injectors per cylinder is more common

I forget this is N/A sometimes, effectively you've gotten double the factory horsepower which in most cases would be a bar of boost to achieve (general rule of thumb obviously) 

Didn't realize the cost of it in NZ was that nuts, its about $14 per 500g here (but can get cheaper options if buying in bulk etc) though the states is like $3.5usd a lb or $1.70usd a lb if you buy 60Lb at a time

Though I guess if you work it out then at $14 a run its not that cheap as i'd expect you to use a lb per run and $140 per refill of a 10lb bottle isn't cheap

Keen to see the exhaust gains tbh

Id say what about pre intake C02 cooling but as your running ITB it wouldn't be that easy, dry ice on the intake manifold between runs? :p

Still got sound deadening?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Roman said:

Also just like my first time going on a track with semi slicks. 
It goes to show just how important the right tyre is.
See people spending $$$$$$ on their car but then on the wrong tyre for the job.
Cheapest way to go fast.

IMO anything faster than 15 seconds needs a proper drag tyre otherwise you are wasting time with any performance mods if you can't use 100% of it to get down the track

I've had a few sets of drag specific tyres even on mid-low 14 second cars and if nothing else it makes the car a lot more consistent which is very important if you want to get anywhere in DYO 

I've raced the VG on street tyres quite a few times, that doesn't have much power and its auto and even then it's a bit of an unknown if it's going to hook or spin  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, shrike said:

@Romansounds like you need to get another Prius engine from the wreckers and build the bottom end with beefier rods and some other go fast mods (cleaning up casting marks etc etc) just don't add any speed holes ;)

Good point on the Nos dry shot, typically when I've seen/done Nos its always been when injectors are getting close to the limit on 4 cylinder turbo setups (2200cc injectors) in saying that these days dual injectors per cylinder is more common

I forget this is N/A sometimes, effectively you've gotten double the factory horsepower which in most cases would be a bar of boost to achieve (general rule of thumb obviously) 

Didn't realize the cost of it in NZ was that nuts, its about $14 per 500g here (but can get cheaper options if buying in bulk etc) though the states is like $3.5usd a lb or $1.70usd a lb if you buy 60Lb at a time

Though I guess if you work it out then at $14 a run its not that cheap as i'd expect you to use a lb per run and $140 per refill of a 10lb bottle isn't cheap

Keen to see the exhaust gains tbh

Id say what about pre intake C02 cooling but as your running ITB it wouldn't be that easy, dry ice on the intake manifold between runs? :p

Still got sound deadening?

pre cooling the intake doesn't do much at all.  especially in romans case,  since pretty much his whole intake is plastic. which will transfer very little heat.  The air going into intake different story

NOS goes against the whole NA  tuning thing imo.   may as well just jam a 150 shot on a stock echo   - maybe someone should do this

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2