Romans 2005 Toyota Echo

Roman

Oh also - speaking of Yari..I parked next to this (not so little) beasty yesterday...1478615690_20220106_145449(Custom).thumb.jpg.552f8d15da6dbaad90512e9c436624e3.jpg

Chatted to the owner who I think was more of a 'spender' than a tinkerer, not interested in what I was doing to the k11 and the conversation how special this car was, his wifes Yaris and the rest was all about his other car, a bmw supra with a chipped motor and 455 bhp.

I dont think he understood the concept of having fun playing with shit cars on a limited budget.

Fucking cool car though.  But how small are windows becoming!!! Check out the amount of glass on the k11 compared to the slot on the back of the Yaris.  I think its one thing that makes k11s/other older cars so nice to drive in town is the fact you have great vision everywhere.

• Like 9

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think since manufacturers started putting reversing cameras in, they just dont give a shit about rear visibility any more.

Maybe also a bit of keeping the glass weight down too I guess for a rally car base. Like I guess if you are going to make a carbon fibre roof there's no point undoing all that with massive slabs of glass.

• Like 1

Oh man the ultimate Vitz fanatic (Pat Norris) lives in Nelson... I think that might be one of his cars? 

He's got like 20 of them. 
Including a full blown 1300cc class rally car which is cool as. 

If you ever meet him, brace yourself for some full blown vitz barrying 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, datlow said:

Real estate sign underbody aero whilst your at it 

These actually have a really flat underbody, which is part of how they get their surprisingly good 0.30 coefficient of drag

Gotta have that slipperyness to get good fuel economy! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kws said:

I like that you didnt even start with an RS as the base for this project, so its just the normal spec looks. Almost a shame its not full NZDM Poverty pack with the natural black bumpers for that maximum stealth.

Ewwww nah that's a bridge too far. 

I hate those black bumper ones. And some of the earlier front bumpers look yuck too. 

These tyres dont much fit the "stealth" theme but I think I'll definitely sell some junk to buy some of the 13x205 ish wide drag slicks that a mate uses. 

Then just need to try find a 7"-ish 13" rim in 4x100 which is proving challenging.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roman said:

Oh man the ultimate Vitz fanatic (Pat Norris) lives in Nelson... I think that might be one of his cars? 

He's got like 20 of them. 
Including a full blown 1300cc class rally car which is cool as. 

If you ever meet him, brace yourself for some full blown vitz barrying 

Can confirm pats barrying. Spent a good 30+ mins on the phone with him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shrike said:

Interesting thread on 4-1 vs 4-2-1 obviously on a yaris rather then an echo but I suspect youll have similar space constants.

Also depends if your going to run a cat as well

https://yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6941

https://www.andysautosport.com/products/dc_sports__SHC4401.html

Great results on the dyno run :)

Nah those guys are just being weiners

All of the aftermarket manifolds try to fit into the space of the standard manifold, to make it a bolt on affair. 

So there's no way you can really have a 4-2-1 in that length.

The real solution is to just make a long 4-1 or 4-2-1 and then have the first flange start further back.

The hurricane header from Australia looks pretty good, but I cant find a reasonably priced way to get one here.

• Like 1