Romans 2005 Toyota Echo

Roman

I was taught they're actually elliptical, and they're finish ground using a cam grinder style set up?

Log the number of 9k pulls before it goes bang. (Then show your findings on a graph)

The  after you replace the next engine, start fund raising for forgies and rods when you hit half the number of pulls. In my experience, by the time you fit your third engine, the enthusiasm begins to fade.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once I've moved house and sold the old one I'll not be in such dire financial situation. Will just be a while.

So if it needs pistons I'll buy them eventually. 

Goals for the meantime is make it to OS drags, and the Toyota Festival trackday at Hampton. 

Then whatever else comes up. 

Then also see how the 1300 setup goes. 

• Like 3

Pretty sure some aftermarket pistons and rods are in your future. It will still be a pretty cheap fast car with those bits done. 

Missed chucking some corn in the engine fund, once the engine is in start one for KPR/Sheepers headers/ exhaust combo. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Roman said:

Not sure about that, I think that would be even more blasphemous than his 20v content 

header progress is looking grand.

Speaking of 20v, has anyone seen the 4age 20v turbo GR yaris rally car that Hayden Mckenzie has hidden away? 

I have nothing to add other than have you considered a 2zz or 20v turbo? 

Why would anyone put a 20v into a GR Yaris?! 

Weird. haha

I have indeed considered a 2ZZ. 
But it's a bit beyond my skillset as it requires a whole lot of chopping the front of the car up to make it fit. 
And motors are comparatively expensive. 
Pretty sweet results though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vintage Grumble said:

Well it makes more sense that it was a std yaris, not a GR to begin with. I was very confused there for a second.

Oh yeah look at all those doors! My mistake. 

I only caught the back half of the conversation at a recce for a rally stage a couple of months ago (he was running his evo at that event) , but I think it is destined for 3 cylinder treatment down the track?

• Like 2

On 03/07/2022 at 16:06, mjrstar said:

header progress is looking grand.

Speaking of 20v, has anyone seen the 4age 20v turbo GR yaris rally car that Hayden Mckenzie has hidden away? 

I have nothing to add other than have you considered a 2zz or 20v turbo? 

4AG has been consigned to the bin on this car. Now has GR 3-pot in it, although not ready yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1