Romans 2005 Toyota Echo

Roman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Roman said:

Definitely not joining this group. Definitely not.

image.png.5bf8d8d4393d4fbba00b55507f9e4f74.png

Gave 6 near new 15 inch rally tyres away late last year. Probably would have been a bit tall with regards to clearance though.. 

I reckon @vivaspeed would have something in his stash unless he's had a decent clean out / burn pile? 

• Like 1

@Roman you’re not allowed to use rally tyres at TECT park for autocross or motorkhana.

Find the cheapest open block tread pattern you can find. I’ve got some cheap GT radials with big open tread pattern.

Terrible as a road/tarmac tyre but ideal for the loose stuff.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Roman said:

While there, I thought I'd have a dig through the tyres and see if I could find anything with big chunky tread blocks for cheap autocross goodness. 

would it be worth getting a regrooving tool on some simple ish tyre designs.

the speedway guys i used to sell my panels to(when i'd buy a car wreck for an engine/box etc) used to always use retread tyres because A: they were cheap, B: the rubber was softer and C: the tread design was kind of aggressive (at least the style they were buying was) but they also did groove them also a bit from memory

20 minutes ago, Roman said:

So 790ish drag spec once passenger seat is out. 

DSC08649.thumb.jpg.6874a90a7373020b19279a22d1d1ce7c.jpg

200kg lighter than my ek civic which has minimal interior, door side intrusion removed, no heater etc.. There is of course some additional weight in the rollcage. 

• Like 2

Did these end up having dual injection bosses?

Probably not useful for your setup however?

Dual injector setup probably wouldn't be of any benefit as most bigger injectors have good low end control

Part of me wonders if small injectors for lower end would give better control/results and then a larger set as you need more fuel but tipping you don't need huge injectors anyway

Keen to see cruise control and other cool DBW stuff setup (cold start/idle/launch control etc)

Wonder how they would go on a 4/7/9A

Yeah the factory setup has dual length intake runners in the airbox (top half of the runner lifts off) 

and then also two stages of injectors, the normal ones which you can see the holes for there, then a second set which is inside the airbox and sprays into the trumpets. 

However it's unlikely I'll be pulling enough rpm to see any tangible benefit from it, and from past experience it causes more problems than it's worth. 

Second injectors for a second fuel though like methanol. sure. haha

• Like 4