Romans 2005 Toyota Echo

Roman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have killed a motor or two, I can relate to your present situation. 

In my case, the car was sent to the naughty corner until I could muster the $$$/fucks to start again. In your case, option B is take donations from willing people. Even if just to score another stock bottom end to see your car back on the road in only 1 weekend. (Assuming it's not raining)  this thread is more entertaining than sky TV.  I'd chip in $30 happily.  It really feels like we all share in your success. 

And every blown engine is a learning experience/scars have the power to remind us that the past was real........

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, ThePog said:

There is also the challenge of getting an NA 1.3 to run 13's.......?

surely with 11,000rpm it's possible? the head and cams might get there in the smaller capacity if the rods can handle it?

• Like 1

So long as the current head and valves are okay (find out soon!) Then small blocking it will be a good short term solution.

Which might show some interesting results.

So long as I can find the 2nz specific parts I need,like the shorter timing chain. where ever I put them.

Will need to give the head a pretty decent check for debris in the oil circuit though.

If the head is stuffed then I need to buy a new motor either way.

Been busy but will get it off this coming week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, Roman said:

So long as the current head and valves are okay (find out soon!) Then small blocking it will be a good short term solution.

Which might show some interesting results.

So long as I can find the 2nz specific parts I need,like the shorter timing chain. where ever I put them.

Will need to give the head a pretty decent check for debris in the oil circuit though.

If the head is stuffed then I need to buy a new motor either way.

Been busy but will get it off this coming week.

Can we have prius pistons too please? Does Max Pee Ding do 2nz rods?

@kpr what are your thoughts on a long rod 1.3 with the 1.5 block? Most likely more expensive that what Mr van der Dutch would want to spend?

Would be amazing for a big rev engine. but yeah custom rods wouldn't be very budget friendly.     @Roman says the rod ratio on these engines aren't bad to start with.  so a 1300 crank in the 1500 block would be some motorbike kinda rod ratio

• Like 1

Did someone say graph? 

No? 

Too bad 

Yeah would be a 1300cc rev monster. 

image.png.23a04a0695a63606afb3901c433ccfa4.png

A 1NZFE has a mean piston speed of 25.4 meters per second at 9000rpm. 

A 2NZ at 25.4 meters per second would be revving to 10,350rpm, and the mega long rod motor would be able to deal with it a little better.

Doesnt mean its possible to rev a 2NZ that high without other issues though. But it would certainly be glorious! haha

Also as another reference point, an S2000 motor that is built from factory to go 9000rpm. 
Has a stroke length of 84mm (vs 84.7 for 1NZ) then a much larger bore to acheive 2 litres. 
S2000 F20C motor has a rod/stroke ratio of 1.82

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2