Romans 2005 Toyota Echo

Roman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah WTF!

13's are meant to come from a big Holley and a stroker kit.

What happened to the days of calling ahead to the small town gas stations to make sure someone could meet you there after hours cos the 24hr stations were too far apart?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yeah E85 isnt very viable anymore here.

However it wont necessarily make any more power on E85. 

It's not knock limited on 98 anyway, so more timing with E85 wont necessarily help. 

Also it's just been pointed out to me that the 13" dot rated M&H tyres that I've bought are no longer being produced. 
So I was lucky to get this set, wouldnt be able to buy them new anymore unless I found some old stock.

But this pair should last for an entire career of Echo drag racing haha.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Roman said:

Yeah E85 isnt very viable anymore here.

However it wont necessarily make any more power on E85. 

It's not knock limited on 98 anyway, so more timing with E85 wont necessarily help. 

Ahhh ok didn't realize you didn't have knock limit on 98 (considering the compression :p) might be a slight bump from lower intake temps but I doubt it would do much and yeah if no E85 available no point 

Anyone on here got a still that can sling you some Azotrope :p make your own hahaha

They've got an amazingly knock resistant head, I think because the combustion chamber has such a small cc volume. 
So 13.4:1 is a nearly entirely flat piston top.
I think part of the reason why some high comp setups are more prone to knocking is because they need a gigantic peak on the piston to take up the combustion chamber shape.
Then the flame expansion does weird shit as it travels out around it.
Some of the Thailand guys are running 15:1 compression on E85.

• Like 5

On 09/03/2022 at 23:01, Roman said:

But actually looking at the full throttle fuel values from my ITB vs Aqua manifold, the Aqua manifold isnt any better, anywhere: 

Apart from that tiny smidge at 4k-ish. Despite having a consistent runner profile all the way.
Admittedly I havent adjusted cam timing or done much else to the Aqua setup yet.
Maybe ITB is richer everywhere just because its uneven or leaks perhaps.
But it's not what I was expecting.

The Aqua definitely isn’t optimised for high rpm. Mine doesn’t go over 4800rpm no matter how hard you mash the throttle. Which is probably why the petrol engine only makes 54kw.

• Like 1