Nissan Micra k11 - Mandy goes to a new happy home.

yoeddynz

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done.

After seeing your thread on wanting one of these I had seen a couple pre-facelifts in a mall car park on the same day. I since went to find any for sale just out of curiosity and they are very thin on the ground here, like one four door advertised in the whole country pretty much.

I presume they must have sold a fair few across OZ but like many a 'bland grannies shopping car' from the early/mid '90s most have probably been crushed now. There seems to be a decent core group of enthusiasts over there though- where probably many cars sell through word of mouth.

5 minutes ago, kyteler said:

There's holes in the bonnet of that one, they're probably trying to see its hidden wonders. 

Also trying to see the motor. 

Thought they might be "presenting" to the elder gingas.

Back on the topic Micras i remember back in the early 2000's Performance Car featuring a few that made 150 odd horsepower. Wonder if a head from a bike could be stuck on the 1300 with a prepped bottom end for big revs.

• Like 1

Alex, must I remind you that this sub forum is not for your boring daily driver

So why are you putting imp pictures in it

I expect you will be installing a K&N pod filter on a whale dong intake pipe for JDM dorts? And stripping the good bits into the 2 door? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Haha- but apparently (according to Hannah) they have to have girls names. Something will pop into my head.

I did that thing this morning- the thing where you go out and look at your new car purchase and then check the dipstick with that slight fear of the unknown- will it be down- is the new car a little burner. Luckily the answer was good. Level is bang on. Sweet. Will buy new oil and filter today.

Battery on Millie drains over night- I suspect its the stereo. Definitely lights a bulb between a removed terminal and batt. For now we can remove the terminal at night.

New car (Melissa?) also might have a drain. Or a shite battery. Will check also.

• Like 2