Molesworth Moped Melee, 5th, 6th. 7th march 2021

RUNAMUCK

Just musing here,

Last year it was suggested next year we ride it In reverse.  How does everyone feel about that?  I feel the anticlockwise route was a good one. Day one mellow as fuck,

Day two impossibly hard,

Day three a fun level of riding. 

What are your thoughts,

@Chris.QCR

@Truenotch

@Chunky_t

@WankBankA100

• Like 1

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Just musing here,

Last year it was suggested next year we ride it In reverse.  How does everyone feel about that?  I feel the anticlockwise route was a good one. Day one mellow as fuck,

Day two impossibly hard,

Day three a fun level of riding. 

What are your thoughts,

@Chris.QCR

@Truenotch

@Chunky_t

@WankBankA100

If you swapped directions, I'd say your descriptions for day 1 and 3 would swap, with possible almost falling asleep on the third day!

24 minutes ago, Chris.QCR said:

Yeah Im trying to figure out if it would be any better clockwise or not and Im feeling it wouldnt. Was such a great event and Im looking forward to it again. Would be mega keen for Nelson pub crawl on the satdee

I'd be keen to host/organise a Nelson pub crawl - would make me feel better about missing day 1/half of day 3. I'm still looking to swap my FT500 for something more event sympathetic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chris.QCR said:

No one gonna be mad if its 50 bucks with the way we were looked after by the support lads and the top notch route you guys had planned. Cold beers and good bbq were so fucking good each day

I'd like to see the support team go through at zero cost in fuel/accommodation/dobros when not driving if possible. They make a huge difference to how much fun these rides are. 

• Like 3

That's not an unreasonable thing. 

Also with more $$ we can up the ante on the cuisine/beer.  I think including the whip around at the start of day two, there was only just enough beer left for one can each at the end.  The first can only just washes the dust out of a riders throat. The second one is the refresher. 

• Like 2

Plus we did coke and lemonade last year too didnt we?  

I think we'll stick with do bros. Not one single person complained last year. if we hand out panhead Rat rods, or moa imperial oak aged stouts there would be sure to be a few more offs. (Which nobody wants)

The beer is important, if I come as a support vehicle on the next one (which i am fizzing for), I am fucked if I'm drinking dobros. My palette is simply too refined for that swill. I shall have a stash of Mussel Inn Captain Cooker on hand....

• Haha 2