Molesworth Moped Melee, 5th, 6th. 7th march 2021

RUNAMUCK

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Chris.QCR said:

Then a bloody good on you guys to Harry , Karl & Mof for being the best support crew a group of riders could ask for. Having suitable vehicles and skill as well as a good onboard kit to help anyone out with any issues. And then cooking everyday and handing out cold dobros. What more could you ask for. 

Harry even got to lend some first aid to the nice headhunters we were camped with too!

This was my first mission based OS event. What a super crew, @Mof, @JustHarry and @- i5oogt - were an insanely patient support team. (I really hope your diff noise is nothing serious @Mof).

It would have been easy to have a niggle at me for riding a cheats bike, but there wasn't even a hint of it. I loved chasing the FR50/CT110/MX100 up hill (the downhill not so much!). I'm looking forward to having an excuse to build something for future events too.

What a bunch of GCs, options for the next top of the south invasion are already being plotted out in my head.

• Like 8

awsome job guys thanks to all who participated and the back up team would have liked to have done rainbow,but watching the river crossing from the comfort off the cruiser made me feel better!!!!

great times had, bike is fucked but nothing that cant be fixed some great laughs great bunch of GC's.

again thanks to all who put in the effort will trade again!!!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Maybe something with 14" wheels and at least 80-100cc.  This ride makes the Motu Rd look like the Auckland southern motorway.......

(Well, parts of it do. The actual Molesworth road is pretty easy going)

best I can do is 12" and 68cc

Yes.

So long as your contra spring is right for your downshifts. Much of the big climbs were first gear the whole way but since you have no set gears as such, that might be an advantage.

The really steep stuff was so loose and rough that we couldnt hold enough speed to support 2nd gear. 

Just send it.

• Like 1

I didn't go, but I've ridden some CVT scoots where ya shouldn't. Biggest worry for me would be those water crossings. If enough gets in the CVT enclosure it's belt slip central and it can make some havoc with the clutch. Also air intake. 

Currently building a bike for this level of adventure. The Auckland crew should be bringing my engine back with them later this month!

• Like 1

A bike like @Truenotch/ @WankBankA100/ a CT would be the ideal small bike imho. 

The NBC defo went hard for what it was too.  Hats off to @Chunky_t for being the only leading link bike to finish. 

Depending on how high that river is, smaller bikes might need to go across on a trailer.  I'm not sure I would have made it across if it had been another 30mm deeper.

• Like 2