RUNAMUCK

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Mof said:

Just got home 

Cruiser packed a sad just coming in to chch, managed to limp it to work, borrowed ute, left trailer and Aaron's bike there too, dropped off Aaron 

Big day

The kind of sad where oil and water become mixed? And you become a glass bbq enthusiast ?

• Haha 1

Jeeze jokers - looks like you had a goodtimes.jpg 

So much so that we are keen to come down and do it  - looking at 25th - 28th March.

@slacker.cam @sentra @peteretep @Tumeke

Two questions:

1. Anyone wanna do it again / join us?

2. Anyone excited to wanna do support for us in case it turns to shit? 

Main concern is being stranded with a broken bike/person. Yeah we're pretty self sufficient but hey - risk assessment suggests we might be stupid to do it without.

Ken to hear your thoughts

xx

• Like 5

I also wanna thank not only our back up crew, but everyone who made the effort to join us.  Their presence created this event. I honestly believe the only it could have been better was if the (09) crew had been able to make it. (Would have been four more people to lol at at the river crossing if nothing else) 

Holy fuck I wanna see the footage of that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tumeke said:

Jeeze jokers - looks like you had a goodtimes.jpg 

So much so that we are keen to come down and do it  - looking at 25th - 28th March.

@slacker.cam @sentra @peteretep @Tumeke

Two questions:

1. Anyone wanna do it again / join us?

2. Anyone excited to wanna do support for us in case it turns to shit? 

Main concern is being stranded with a broken bike/person. Yeah we're pretty self sufficient but hey - risk assessment suggests we might be stupid to do it without.

Ken to hear your thoughts

xx

I'd love to do it again. But I doubt I could swing it tbh.  Also it's going to be twelve months minimum before I can mentally prepare my self to go over the maungatapu track again.  It gave me ptsd/I still see it when I close my eyes.

Defo have a few tips and pointers for you lads. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Righto.

So massive thanks to Bart & Will for organising this ride and route ! Really was the most amazing intinary and roads.

Then a bloody good on you guys to Harry , Karl & Mof for being the best support crew a group of riders could ask for. Having suitable vehicles and skill as well as a good onboard kit to help anyone out with any issues. And then cooking everyday and handing out cold dobros. What more could you ask for. 

Then thanks to Aaron and Mark for saying fuck yeah to riding all the way from home and back. Gutted Aaron couldnt make it the whole way homr but gave it his best. And his bike went pretty good from beint built only weeks before.

The group of guys who we had riding we all good cunts !Some of them I've had the pleasure of riding with before. I believe everyone had real capable bikes for what we tackled and that helped with keeping the convoy short.

Scenery was fucking outstanding every day. The technical sections were so much fun

My bike took the whole ride like a champ considering 1/2 of the bike is made up from chinese alixpress parts. I had my throttle cable snap 45mins from St Arnaud on day 3. Replaced a fraying clutch cable after Day 1. Cleaned my airfilter out after Day 1. And had minor rear brake issues on last section of the rainbow.

Me & Mark made the hard call to bail near the end of the road at Lake Tennyson as to get home before dark and we just got it with me arriving up the drive at 620pm. We left the 320pm and literally had our bikes on full throttle thru the rest of the gravel and then from Hanmer to home. I ran out of gas twice but my Auxillary fuel tank saved me both times. Will carry a small can of brake cleaner and crc in future and plan to fit a factory airbox to my bike. My CG110 disc brake front end was a dream on these offroad sections and my new stiffer rear shocks were great with my tool roll and drybag on the back. Will be buying some new Scott wet weather gear for future and a nice Balaclava like Jeff had .

Stoked to hear Steve got awarded for his wild riding and being a general good cunt. I met Steve on the side of the road lying down under his bike fitting new M8 bolts supplied my Mof with some loctite to refit his pegs. Top bloke.

Cant wait to go back 

Screenshot_20210308-131314_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210308-131345_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210308-131440_Gallery.jpg

• Like 9