Molesworth Moped Melee, 5th, 6th. 7th march 2021

RUNAMUCK

Yeah it's not bad eh, Jollies Pass has one rut that will be a little interesting for the support vehicles with trailers, but well within their abilities. The riding will be awesome. 4 1/2 hours from Nelson to Hanmer at no more than 50km/h on the gravel. 

The gate keeper was super keen on us going through together at the toll gate, but I guess that will depend on the pace. 

IMG_20210228_130316.jpg

IMG_20210227_135146.jpg

• Like 9

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JustHarry said:

i did jollies pass maybe 3 months ago in the cruiset by my self. Didnt need 4wd. I know what rut your talking about but thats not really a drama

Nice one - yeah the Escape needed a little rock positioning to get over it, but it's not a real 4WD + we don't really know what we're doing! In a proper 4WD there's sooooo much exploring that could be done through that area.

On 28/02/2021 at 08:52, Pee Dubs said:

Interested for the spare bed in Nelson. Also need one more or a tent site if someone else has extra space? Could take over an Auckland crew's booking perhaps...

I’ve got the Nelson night covered now, got a spare bed in Hanmer on Thu if anyone is interested. 

On 27/02/2021 at 21:10, Tumeke said:

Yeah so us Auckland guys are not allowed.

Guess we will do out own ride in a few weeks.

We're (me & @Pee Dubs & Steve Aiken) curious about your accommodation. Not to be the vulturous bastards that swoop in on your Covid misfortunes, but what are the odds we could snap up some of what you guys were planning? We're a bit stuck for Nelson epecifically.

EDIT: And @governorsam is curious too... About Blenheim.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WankBankA100 said:

TBH, I don't actually know who all the Auckland guys are other than @Tumeke

Yeah sorry all Auckland accommodation was cancelled with the venues when I heard we were fucked so that we didn't loose all our money.

2 hours ago, Chunky_t said:

Who’s heading down to Hanmer on Thursday? And what sort of eta for arrival? 

I’m keen to get there in the arvo sometime 

We're gapping quakechurch around 4pm.

Probably be an obligatory stop at countdown to stock up on blue loaded, snacks, and cheap beer. 

So should be hitting town (it's more of a village really) around 6.  Just in time to check in, go see the good people who are offering the off street parking, then smash the Alpine village inn for a roast and beers. Washed down with cold beer sold by the jug. (Which is how any civilized establishment sells their ales)

31 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

We're gapping quakechurch around 4pm.

Probably be an obligatory stop at countdown to stock up on blue loaded, snacks, and cheap beer. 

So should be hitting town (it's more of a village really) around 6.  Just in time to check in, go see the good people who are offering the off street parking, then smash the Alpine village inn for a roast and beers. Washed down with cold beer sold by the jug. (Which is how any civilized establishment sells their ales)

Grouse I can time my trip the same - I think I'm staying at the same place as you as well

• Thanks 1