Molesworth Moped Melee, 5th, 6th. 7th march 2021

RUNAMUCK

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pee Dubs Just caught your tag.

The Trident Tavern / Mangere Bridge Tavern drinking team of @sentra @peteretep @slacker.cam and myself are putting our bikes on pallets with some kiwistamps, then flying into ChCh on the Thursdae AM.

We are thinking we might ride up to Hanmer for extra adventures on the Thursdae, but if there is a trailer available to bring them back on the Sundae (4 x bikes Hanmer to ChCh pls @anybody?) it might be handy if we are running late for aero planes. 

If not, we will hit the road early on Sunday to ensure we can get back, pack our bikes and get to the airport before 7pm flights.

We have our accommodation (we're going cheep + not camping due to logistics) if anyone cares:

Hanmer: Alpine Adventure Park

Blenheim: Blenheim Bridges Holiday Park

Nelson: Paradiso Backpackers.

- better living errbody.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tumeke said:

The Trident Tavern / Mangere Bridge Tavern drinking team of @sentra @peteretep @slacker.cam and myself are putting our bikes on pallets with some kiwistamps, then flying into ChCh on the Thursdae AM.

We are thinking we might ride up to Hanmer for extra adventures on the Thursdae, but if there is a trailer available to bring them back on the Sundae (4 x bikes Hanmer to ChCh pls @anybody?) it might be handy if we are running late for aero planes. 

If not, we will hit the road early on Sunday to ensure we can get back, pack our bikes and get to the airport before 7pm flights.

We have our accommodation (we're going cheep + not camping due to logistics) if anyone cares:

- better living errbody.

What time do you need to be at the plane station on Sunday?

Remember that time that dickhead booked too early a flight home? Forcing everyone to get up really early? (Tbh, air nz changed it on me. Twice)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

What time do you need to be at the plane station on Sunday?

Remember that time that dickhead booked too early a flight home? Forcing everyone to get up really early? (Tbh, air nz changed it on me. Twice)

7peeem flight sundae

• Like 1

On 11/02/2021 at 08:54, Tumeke said:

- better living errbody.

Thanks, I think I have a plan forming involving the ferry.

Logistics of camping shouldn't be too bad for those not flying. I've checked out the websites for where the drinking team have booked, shared tent sites should be no problem and work out super cheap.

Hanmer: Alpine Adventure Park - $32, up to 8 ppl

Blenheim: Blenheim Bridges Holiday Park - $42, up to 8 ppl

Nelson: Paradiso Backpackers - $59, up to 6 ppl  (This is a bit more expensive, but I think someone mentioned it's worth avoiding the big parks in Nelson over Summer)

Who else is keen to form a camping group?

On 12/02/2021 at 10:19, Pee Dubs said:

Thanks, I think I have a plan forming involving the ferry.

Logistics of camping shouldn't be too bad for those not flying. I've checked out the websites for where the drinking team have booked, shared tent sites should be no problem and work out super cheap.

Hanmer: Alpine Adventure Park - $32, up to 8 ppl

Blenheim: Blenheim Bridges Holiday Park - $42, up to 8 ppl

Nelson: Paradiso Backpackers - $59, up to 6 ppl  (This is a bit more expensive, but I think someone mentioned it's worth avoiding the big parks in Nelson over Summer)

Who else is keen to form a camping group?

I might be keen! Do they have cabins at these sites? My tent is the shittiest tiny tent ever...

On 14/02/2021 at 10:45, WankBankA100 said:

I might be keen! Do they have cabins at these sites? My tent is the shittiest tiny tent ever...

Yeah cabins or dorms at all of them. Just you pay by bed/person so gonna be a bit more spendy than camping/tent site.

Anyone else camping? Bueller?

On 11/02/2021 at 08:54, Tumeke said:

Speaking of this. I'm thinking of flying into CCH on Thursday and returning on Monday afternoon.

Does anyone have a spare seat for me to get back to CCH? I can get to Hanmer on Thursday night and my bike will be on @WankBankA100's ute, so it'll just be me and my small bag (and a backpack).