Molesworth Moped Melee, 5th, 6th. 7th march 2021

RUNAMUCK

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news.

A deal has been struck with the people at the camp where OS hanmeet used to be held. 

We can leave any vehicles there while we're away for $20/ ten bucks per night. 

I personally will be staying at that camp on Thursday night too. Their cabins are cheap enough, and unlike the abundant holiday homes in Hanmer, theres no hassle with clean up etc. 

I guess hardcore cunce might ride up from quakechurch early on Friday morning. But given the 200kms of grueling small bike mayhem I'm highly unkeen for that. 

I'll be heading up after work on thursday. Taking in a succulent pub roast from the alpine village Inn, and sinking a few brews. 

I'd wager there might be a few folk heading to the pools after we get back to Hanmer on sunday too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Is there anyone heading down via Nelson with a trailer? As capable as the bike is I'd be happier trailering down on Thurs afternoon/night and back to town on Sunday night in a perfect world.

I'd also be happy for the bike to travel down/back with a GC, and I'll drive down after work on a Thurs/back Sunday. 

It's not quite as simple for teachers to take annual leave as regular folk. I'll get Bart to write a note to my boss otherwise... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Good question. What do you reckon Will? Congregate/meet at 830, 9am departure time?

Day one is not technical at all, but still ~200km. A regular 50 should easily do it in 5 hours riding time. Having not done anything similar I'm not sure on the timing, but I reckon you're on the right track. 

I rang the rainbow station today. 

The toll gate is manned. (People do a two week roster staying at the homestead) payment in cash only.

$20 for a bike. I expect the koha will go toward the toll for the support vehicles.

The sticker design is almost finished too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 26/01/2021 at 19:48, Willdat? said:

Is there anyone heading down via Nelson with a trailer? As capable as the bike is I'd be happier trailering down on Thurs afternoon/night and back to town on Sunday night in a perfect world.

I'd also be happy for the bike to travel down/back with a GC, and I'll drive down after work on a Thurs/back Sunday. 

It's not quite as simple for teachers to take annual leave as regular folk. I'll get Bart to write a note to my boss otherwise... 

I'll be driving to Hanmer from Renwick with a ute if that's any use

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, avengertiger said:

shouldnt be a problem to put it on the trialer we will be leaving from the wakefield aera thursday evening if that makes it any easier/harder. 

Yeah I'm in Richmond, definitely a bit closer than Renwick. I'll be in touch closer to the time to get it sorted.