Molesworth Moped Melee, 5th, 6th. 7th march 2021

RUNAMUCK

1 hour ago, Shakotom said:

Very interested. Just need to figure out logistics of getting a bike there.

How many bikes could that monster Jackson electrical trailer haul @sentra?

Make the best economic sence to shift all bikes in one load, and split the cost in ferry/gas/etc by that number of ways. I think I paid $300 one way for the first eastcape I did. (Eastcape 2.0) 

This is a very cheap adventure, bar the crippling cost of logistics/getting there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I envisage most of the chch peeps.will shoot up there after work thurdsay, and stay the night. (Limitless accommodation options) then we'll meet (probably at the end of jollies pass road) and send it. 

Karl and I visited the people at the alpine village apartments on jollies pass road a few weeks ago. (Aka the camp where OS Hanmeet used for be held) we asked them about the likelihood of us being able to leave vehicles there while we're away. But they're in the throws of negotiating the sale of the lease on the Camp. They're going to stay in touch with Karl. We'll ask the new owners about it. Failing that I've got a few other leads. That camp it close to the ideal start point. 

Those alpine apartments may be a cost effective option for Thursday night too.

Edit, No J-5 ranch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/dual-purpose/listing/2776488870?rsqid=f09e871ad93b4dd18470e021c7e3dd02-001&bof=kbzupWti

turnerschch are selling 10 x  2013ish postie bikes at the moment. All reg/wof by the looks, around 50000kms,  Bidding is $500-800 , finishing thursday.

I've got nothing suitable for this and way too far out to know if I will be home, but these are cool roads. The drop from the top of Mongatapu into matai valley in Nelson might be gnarley, all the more reason to have little bikes that you can have both feet on the deck with. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...