Molesworth Moped Melee, 5th, 6th. 7th march 2021

RUNAMUCK

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, MopedNZ said:

For what it’s worth; getting a learners bike license is literally easier than lane splitting. 

It’s not that spenny. And you can just stay on that L forever if you so choose. And it makes bigger (or small) bikes (some upto 660cc) legal to ride on the road. 

Tonnes of time before the ride to get it done. Figure of 8 and some head checks is all that’s required really. Then you never even have to worry about being pulled over, even if it never happens. 

Reg on hold is cheap. Only need a WOF.

/dad will step away from the keyboard now. 

What does it actually cost? Should probs get my learners at some point before this. Do you have to supply a bike for that ride-around-in-a-tennis-court test or do they have bikes there for it? 

@Willdat? the routes look epic I’m very keen. 

Does rainbow road turn into the road we hoon down at hanmer to the port and cheese hut ? 

What’s the rough idea for accom ? everyone fend for themselves type setup ? Would be mean to do a group camp at a doc site or something similarly brokeback mountain-esque 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimShadboltfan27 said:

@Willdat? the routes look epic I’m very keen. 

Does rainbow road turn into the road we hoon down at hanmer to the port and cheese hut ? 

What’s the rough idea for accom ? everyone fend for themselves type setup ? Would be mean to do a group camp at a doc site or something similarly brokeback mountain-esque 

Yep the very same - hopefully in March the weather will be more suitable for outdoors port and cheese. 

Blenheim has Rarangi campsite here https://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/places-to-go/marlborough/places/blenheim-area/things-to-do/campsites/rarangi-campsite/ (I've never actually been here @yoeddynzor @ChrisQCR?)

Nelson is a little more problematic, the Tahunanui campground while being pretty mainstream has a 'green zone' https://tahuna.nz/accommodation/green-zone

Looks like we'd have to book tent sites in a max group size of 6, but is $132 for a group of 6 at a non-powered site, or people could book cabins or whatever?

3 minutes ago, DoBro Jesus said:

Maitai campground in Nelson? Could be too far out the way for pissing up at the sprig and fern though. 

Good idea - I haven't stayed in a campground here since I was 8 so others will have a better idea on where will put up with us the best!

14 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

It is a fend for yourself deal with accommodation. You're right about being more fun being all together. But some people will be too soft for camping. 

It’s your event. You make the rules. If people are too soft to camp they don’t have to go. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DoBro Jesus said:

What does it actually cost? Should probs get my learners at some point before this. Do you have to supply a bike for that ride-around-in-a-tennis-court test or do they have bikes there for it? 

Couple hundy when I did mine. Pays to get a 2hr session when doing your basic handling. 

Yes most/all places doing a basic handling will have a gn125 to pest round on

10 hours ago, igor said:

Question for those who've done these trips before. What're the odds of getting caught riding on the wrong class of licence when travelling in a large group? Kind of keen to have a go.

I've gone on some with bigger bikes. Police road checks tended to just talk to the first person and let the rest go through

• Thanks 1