MRWEST's 73 RX3 Coupe Discussion Yarns

MRWEST

18 hours ago, Popwill said:

Hey @MRWEST any updates since January on the build?

Looking like your making some good progress on yours! 

Mines is coming along albeit slowly.

The last couple of minor bits of steelwork have been done and filler work progressing well hopppefffulllyyy not to far from going into primer then will chuck some photos up. Panelbeater/painter is doing it after work/weekends so that slows things down a bit.

Interior is off at KP Upholstery getting done however so thatll be some progress when thats done.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/06/2022 at 19:55, Tele29 said:

Man, the seats look so good, thank you THANK YOU for respecting the factory style interior. It is gonna be a sweet ride once it is done, can't wait to see it in person.

Thanks man, you cant beat the factory styling in these things, same as what i did in my Impala. Just looks so good!

• 1 month later...
On 14/07/2022 at 11:44, oldrx7 said:

I like the way the BBS's are sitting, looking good!

Cheers man so am i, luckedi t with those outer lips off market place an they turned the 15x11 into the perfect width

On 14/07/2022 at 12:15, dabuzz said:

looking good man - those BBS are cool, pretty sure a slightly higher profile wont be an issue once they are fitted up especially as they are only 15s

cheers man! grabbed 2 x50 profile to test fit a front and back rim this weekend so will find out for sure. back will be fine, only thing is front might be a bit tight but will see

• 2 months later...

Hello Guys,

I am from Germany and i will restore original my RX 3 Coupe from my father.

The car ist uncolored blank by Waterworks Germany and than colored 

with EP Gray. The car must welding .

I search an Origin parts .

Doors, Fender etc Brake parts 

I am Happy for a Feedback from oldschool .

Best regards Kai 

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, Leone said:

What drove the decison on the engine mount with a large flat panel? Quite an interesting design.

20B too long to run mount off the front like ya normally do with 13b,
Seems to be the common way most people have been doing it of late that iv seen, doubles as sump flange and engine mount.
Just been taking the lead of the engine builder and fabricator who both suggested doing this way.

Guess it spreads the load throughout and mounts are in a more central position than an end as well?

Still needs some refinement/trimming up of the wings as well. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, RXFORD said:

have they already started the tank for you? @piazzanoob has the tank which came out of triple3/Lance's old coupe that might be a good option for you?

they havent, oh yeah i know the car ill flick him a message (most of the off the shelf pac/dma ones are ginormous bloody 100L things for some reason take up all the boot !)

• Like 1