Lownslow's 1973 Toyota Corolla Ke26

lownslow

• 6 months later...

Ah man, this makes me envious.  parked outdoors and it hasn't rotted to pieces.  Good to see yours on the road! 
I tried a bunch of wheels and found the rear can tuck a fair amount (8") under there with the correct offset rims without guard rub, limited by the leaf springs.  Fronts, not so easy.  Helps to wind in some neg camber on strut top if you can get away with fitting camber plates.   Settled on 14x6.5 fronts and 14x7 rears til i find some 8's.

ke26onwats.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
11 hours ago, RXFORD said:

Looking siiiiick. I hope you keep that patina. 

Thanks. Haha theres been plenty of debate about that. I like it, but also think it would look great in the original off white and door trim. Will definitely be staying patina for the near future though.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

On 12/07/2023 at 13:42, starlet S said:

Hey ae25 I saw on another site your question about kp61 starlet S seats . Yes those striped seats are original.do you still have that car  

*off topic.  Cheers. That gen2 kp61-S has been stripped. Whats left of the shell is crumbling outside. Parts going into my 4dr kp60 bugeye.

• 3 months later...
On 07/09/2020 at 02:28, lownslow said:

Well I couldnt help myself once again. Saw this pop up and had to have it. So picked some mates up and made the drive from Brisbane to Bundaberg on Sunday. I basically bought it without seeing it in person, and trusting what the seller had said about it. Thankfully she is near mint structurally, thanks to being out west in the Queensland outback. Amazing how dry hot weather can keep a car so well preserved (apart from the paint obviously). Unfortunately it has two nasty dents in the RHR door and rear quarter, but hopefully with a bit of persuasion, it might pop out with minimal damage. Plans are to tidy it up, disk brake front end, leave the patina alone, and slam on some nice small wheels (13x7 ish)

When we got it home we thought we may as well see if we can get it started. Battery in, fresh fuel and 4 cranks later shes alive. Typical K series. Like clockwork.

Anyway, pictures.

rolla1.jpg

IMG_20200906_170508.jpg

wondering where i can find the front windshield guard?? 

2 hours ago, 73wagon said:

wondering where i can find the front windshield guard?? 

hey Mate, welcome to the forum. Have just moved your post into the discussion thread for the project!

Those mesh visors are fairly universal, but they did come in different sizes (for smaller to large cars). They often pop up on trademe or FB marketplace/parts pages etc. 

If you've got a 73 KE26, please post up some pics !