Lownslow's 1973 Toyota Corolla Ke26

lownslow

First piece to the puzzle. Managed to pick up some springs and struts tubes that have been shortened to fit shorter inserts. Unsure what ones thought? They would have to have a 360ish mm body, so I'm thinking MR2. 

Will put these in for now and turn the originals into coilovers. Also found a disk brake setup, so will bang that on too.

IMG_20200910_171154.jpg

Screenshot_20200911-171922~2.png

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

So researched some "patina" pages, and a lot of the American hot rod guys use CLR to get rid of the surface rust and crap on their cars. I had some time on my hands, so thought I'd give it a crack (Can't look any worse). Turns out CLR is amazing. Moving into a place with garage soon too, so things will hopefully progress a bit quicker.

Also, for anyone running a K series, use a genuine Toyota oil filter! The reduction in engine noise is amazing. Will never use aftermarket again.

Oh and had to see what 13x9 would look like on it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Small wheel update. I ended up buying my mates 13x7 superlites off him. These will do until i find some decent SSR's in 4x110.

Took the balloons off and gave them a quick clean up. Will polish them on the brake lathe at work this week. Sat them on the car and had a measure up. Looks like ill have to go with 165/55r13 tyres, rather than the 175/50r13's that i wanted, just so they tuck inside the guards a bit better. Suspension will be getting a drop of 4.5 inches in the rear, and 3.5 inches in the front. Still undecided what short shock cartridge ill go with in the front. I have the Mk1 VW golf ones in my datsun, so might do the same with this. Also found some tail lights on eBay, so bought them and got them sent over from England. Front brakes finally installed too.

brakes.jpg

wheels.jpg

tail lights.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...