West Coast 4wd mission, labour weekend.

DoBro Jesus

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, NickJ said:

Did it die with honour? Hoping you were out on an adventure and not in the driveway?

Na just on the motor way in to work in heavy traffic, was a bit of drama get to work as much throttle would make it pop into neutral and then have to come to a stop to get it back in

Fuck yeah 1 week to go! 

Got the front end shit done on the paj over the course of the week, diff seal, cv boots, ended up getting a new axle for the left side as inner cv boot was split and diff seal leaking. Where the shaft ran on the seal was a bit scored up and couldn't find a new inner cv joint so just got onto @Slacker_Sam. Hookups and got a complete new axle. Pretty much all ready to go now, fizzing. 

Oh yeah, got my wof on roller skate wheels too haha. 

ezlzibis.vey.jpg

a5aev1bg.lfz.jpg

• Like 2

I've had the front bullbar off and replaced the centre tube I bent while "gardening", found one side of the bar is bent back and tried to straighten it. Didn't fit in our press, so I put it under a stabilizer leg of a crane truck we had in the yard. Put the weight of the truck on it but it didn't straighten. I don't know what the PO hit but it must have been solid!

Put it back on with some new bolts, sorted out the front hooks, relocated the solenoid box for the winch to under the bonnet, tidied up the cables for the winch, fitted pintle to the rear, lifted the spare tire up 75mm which took quite a bit of modifying the bracket, wired up the extra ciggy sockets, bought another pulley block, winch extension strap, winch dampener. These are all things I have been meaning to do for ages.

Even though I got a wof recently I checked the front wheel bearings and one is shagged so I'll be doing that this week. 

• Like 1

For all those involved. There is a bakery and 4 square in Reefton 

SATURDAY 

Plan for lunch on the track. We won't be getting out to civilization until maybe mid/late afternoon depending how many side tracks we do and how much time we spend exploring Denniston. 

SUNDAY 

We might be able to make Reefton for lunch between tracks, but I can't predict the future so there's no guarantee.

MONDAY 

Should be down to Greymouth by around smoko time, and we could stop and find lunch supplies there before we head in to the bush.

Bring snacks 

• Like 1

Things you might think about bringing/ l usually forget, 

Rain jacket

Camp/picnic chairs

Roll of bog paper in case you get caught short in the bush 

Towel

Torch

Phone charger

Decent footwear 

Toothbrush 

Extra pair of socks if your feet get wet